confused and concerned

bas2603

hey guys so i was just on my pc playing borderlands 2 and then got of to chat with a friend and while i was chatting to him in discord my pc just froze! (not normal) then i switched it off from the wall and reset thinking it was just a windows crash or something. after that my gpu would not output video at all so i switched the pci port still did not work and while i was talking to my mum about it (im 16 btw) it just decided to switch on and start working! when i post this i am going to be switching pci ports and seeing if it was an issue if it is not my mother board should i be concerned about my 960 dieing! btw my 960 is a MSI GTX 960 100ME EDITION. 

CPU: intel 6700 @3.8ghz
GPU: msi GTX 960 100me Limited edition
RAM: 16gb crusial 1866MHZ DDR3L
PSU: Cooler master G650M
Case: Cooler Master Master Case pro 5

unlikley to be GPU - they kinda either work or they dont... 

Is the CPU overclocked? 

I would blame RAM if the CPU is not overclocked and not overheating. try removing one stick - if the problem keeps happening remove another stick, keep removing untill you have one left. if it happens again then swap that stick with one of the others. if the problme goes away its the last stick.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Sounds more like a driver conflict issue to me. Does the GPU display atleast the POST or nothing at all when you boot your pc? Also did you do anything that could've possibly broken your GPU? GPU's don't just randomly break after a couple of years of working fine.

8 minutes ago, Cheddle said:

unlikley to be GPU - they kinda either work or they dont... 

Is the CPU overclocked? 

I would blame RAM if the CPU is not overclocked and not overheating. try removing one stick - if the problem keeps happening remove another stick, keep removing untill you have one left. if it happens again then swap that stick with one of the others. if the problme goes away its the last stick.

its not the ram nor cpu i just put in my gpu into the first pcie slot and now for somereason i have to wait 30 seconds for it to switch from my first monitor to my second

PS i have my second monitor on my IGPU because i can

4 minutes ago, Demiqas said:

Sounds more like a driver conflict issue to me. Does the GPU display atleast the POST or nothing at all when you boot your pc? Also did you do anything that could've possibly broken your GPU? GPU's don't just randomly break after a couple of years of working fine.

no nothing i broken this is a new one not even a year old but before this tho i had another msi 960 where the fan broke and got a new one so this is about 5 months old and no the first monitor does not display nothing but my second does i have my second on the igpu of my i7 6700. because reasons.

Just now, bas2603 said:

no nothing i broken this is a new one not even a year old but before this tho i had another msi 960 where the fan broke and got a new one so this is about 5 months old and no the first monitor does not display nothing but my second does i have my second on the igpu of my i7 6700. because reasons.

I remember I had a lot of issues running multimonitor with a dedicated and an iGpu where windows would keep freezing. Have you tried unplugging the igpu monitor and booting your pc that way just to check if it works?

Just now, Demiqas said:

I remember I had a lot of issues running multimonitor with a dedicated and an iGpu where windows would keep freezing. Have you tried unplugging the igpu monitor and booting your pc that way just to check if it works?

unfortunetly no because i only have 1 hdmi port on this card.

and i will try the single monitor now!

well i found the issue it seems that @Demiqas was right about the problem it seems to be windows having a fit any ways time to order a dvi to hdmi converter and a new hdmi cored