New build, questions!

K0NA

Hello,

i writing for a friend, he´s thinking of change setup and he is a bit confused even that i tell him he will get better fps and better performance overall.

He thinking of getting:

Msi z170a-s2

Intel i7 6700k 

Hyper X 16gb 2133mhz 

Current setup

g43-z77a
i5 3570K OC 4.2ghz (Rock Solid
24GB ram 1600mhz.
msi r9 380 4GB

he has ~80 fps on low in battlefield 1, And i almost have similar setup and have ~100 fps on high in Battlefield 1.

He wont change graphics card, he is going for crossfire 380 4gb.

And he wondering if he is getting better performance and fps?  

Best Regards! 

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Get him to upgrade the GPU to a GTX 1060 or better.

He dont want nvidia, bad experience with em, and he have better performance than our friend with 980 because of the overclock! 

So and he have gpu temps on 55c. He wont change it.

The CPU isn't the real bottleneck here, even if the situation would get slightly better by changing it. I think the i7 is overkill for gaming, i would consider changing it with an i5 6600k maximum; let's get now to the real bottleneck: the GPU. That's the reason for "low" FPS, so the only way is either going for a 1060 or better (as Comic_Sans_MS said) or (being that he can't stand Nvidia for some reason) going with the RX 470 or better.

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

I would consider changing the CPU to an i7 only if it's for a reason; what does he do other than gaming on that PC?

DESKTOP PC - CPU-Z VALIDi5 4690K @ 4.70 GHz | 47 X 100.2 MHz | ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer | Enermax Liqmax II 240mm | EVGA GTX 1070Ti OC'd

HOME SERVER | HP ProLiant DL380 G7 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 | 36GB DDR3 RDIMM | 5x 4TB LFF Seagate Constellation 7.2K | Curcial MX500 250GB | Ubuntu Server 20.04

3 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

The CPU isn't the real bottleneck here, even if the situation would get slightly better by changing it. I think the i7 is overkill for gaming, i would consider changing it with an i5 6600k maximum; let's get now to the real bottleneck: the GPU. That's the reason for "low" FPS, so the only way is either going for a 1060 or better (as Comic_Sans_MS said) or (being that he can't stand Nvidia for some reason) going with the RX 470 or better.

He buying it for be safe to the future for a while thats why he going for 6700k, and they have it for 270usd sales price atm :)  I Have same GPU and have alot better than him, He wont change GPU, like i said because a friend of us have crossefire 380 4gb and have 130fps on ultra in battlefield 1 with 4790k cpu.

And i dont wanna hear anymore about nvidia, because he doesnt like it at all.. 

About the setup he gonna buy not the GPU, can anyone say something about it?