Hardware OS driver clash

Gazeley
Go to solution Solved by Andrew657nz,

You will have no issues using the wireless adapter on a different OS, as long as it's windows, I'm confident it will be fine. 

Might be a case of TP-Link not updating their webpage, I know my TP-L adapter works with Windows 8 and 10 :D 

Hey I've recently been buying parts for my PC build and I have noticed that two of the products I ave bought use different versions of windows. These two products are the RX 480 4GB which uses Windows 7 or 10 and TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 wireless adapter which uses Windows 8. 

I'm not quite sure how to address this issue, I haven't bought Windows yet as I'm unsure whether to buy an OEM key from Kinguin which is a lot cheaper but I'd be unsure on how to get it on to the new pc or whether to buy a disc version. Which version of Windows would either allow both of these product to work or at least allow me to get the drivers for the other product to work. Finally, if I got a version of Windows that doesn't work with both products how would I get the drivers to allow the product to work with that OS?

Thank you and sorry if this is a simple fix this is my first time building a PC.

You will have no issues using the wireless adapter on a different OS, as long as it's windows, I'm confident it will be fine. 

Might be a case of TP-Link not updating their webpage, I know my TP-L adapter works with Windows 8 and 10 :D 

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.0GHz // Motherboard: MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard // RAM: 8GB Kingstone 1833MHz  // GPU: Saphire R9 390 Nitro // HDD: 500GB Toshiba // SSD: 120GB Sandisk // PSU: 550w 

Games: F1 2016, GTA 5, TrackMania Stadium, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, COD Black ops 1. 

Huge fan of Formula 1. 

Twitter: RAFAndrew

@Andrew657nz Thank you, I'm guessing I should go for windows 10 then for the sake of the RX 480 being easier to install if the wifi adapter works with win 10 as well as win 8?

Just now, Gazeley said:

@Andrew657nz Thank you, I'm guessing I should go for windows 10 then for the sake of the RX 480 being easier to install if the wifi adapter works with win 10 as well as win 8?

Yes, plus, In my opinion Windows 10 > Windows 8. 

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.0GHz // Motherboard: MSI Gaming 3 Motherboard // RAM: 8GB Kingstone 1833MHz  // GPU: Saphire R9 390 Nitro // HDD: 500GB Toshiba // SSD: 120GB Sandisk // PSU: 550w 

Games: F1 2016, GTA 5, TrackMania Stadium, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, COD Black ops 1. 

Huge fan of Formula 1. 

Twitter: RAFAndrew