First Post on New PC

Rickman108

Just finished putting together these PC parts: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Rickman108/saved/6GXmP6

It was a bit nerve racking but in the end, after everything was plugged in and put together I felt proud. The CPU cooler was a Hyper 212 EVO and it was not a fun time to install, but seems to be doing a good job. I have attached some pictures of my 'tempermanent' setup. I'm incredibly excited to get Steam installed and to start playing some games. There was nothing more satisfying than pushing that power button- first time- and having it boot right up and come to life. I'll be installing MSI Afterburner to monitor performance and temperatures after I get GEFORCE Experience.

20160817_210501_HDR[1].jpg

20160817_210450_HDR[1].jpg

20160817_142844_HDR[1].jpg

15 minutes ago, gadgetguy99 said:

Will you be getting a new monitor that will push your 1080 harder

Definitely. Everything bought was bought on one paycheck. I simply borrowed a monitor for a friend until I can afford one that supports 144hz

3 minutes ago, Rickman108 said:

Definitely. Everything bought was bought on one paycheck. I simply borrowed a monitor for a friend until I can afford one that supports 144hz

Seems good man but I would say get 1440p it makes a real difference in productivity and mine from korea hits 90hz which is noticeably better than 60hz

1 minute ago, gadgetguy99 said:

Seems good man but I would say get 1440p it makes a real difference in productivity and mine from korea hits 90hz which is noticeably better than 60hz

The one I'm borrowing is 1440p, I believe. I have been looking and I can't quite seem to find a good monitor at 144hz. So maybe I need to broaden my choices, like you say.

4 minutes ago, Rickman108 said:

The one I'm borrowing is 1440p, I believe. I have been looking and I can't quite seem to find a good monitor at 144hz. So maybe I need to broaden my choices, like you say.

For 144hz get a benq xl series, my brother uses an xl2420t for competitive csgo matches.