Upgrade my PC

Artiom916

I would like to know if i can add another gtx 950 and if that would make a difference or if my computer is bottle necked. It has a AMD FX 6300 cpu and a Gigabyte motherboard.

You could technically do it, still it will save you a lot of trouble if you save up some more money, sell your current GPU and buy a new card such as the RX 480.

EDIT: What exact mobo do you have? Not every board supports SLI in lower price regions.

GTX 950 SLI is within range of a GTX 970, so yes, you would bottleneck quite a bit

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

So I have 2 gtx 950s. One is brand new. I should sell both and buy which card? and from where?

1 minute ago, Artiom916 said:

So I have 2 gtx 950s. One is brand new. I should sell both and buy which card? and from where?

What price range? What about noice? 1080p?

Where you should buy depends on the country you live in.

I dont know what psu you have, but your psu might not be powerful enough or it may not have enough connectors to connect a second gpu. Also GTX 970 have come down guite a bit in price recently.

I am getting a 1080p. SO basically whatever i can get for the two gtxs and maybe 100$ on top added.

I am getting a 1080p. SO basically whatever i can get for the two gtxs and maybe 100$ on top added.

Let's say you will get a total budget of 300€. That's enough for a AMD RX 480 with a decent aftermarked cooler. What PSU do you have?

GA-78LMT-USB3 model

That board does NOT support SLI, so buying a new card is the only solution.

With that motherboard you physically can't use a second gpu, if you want better performance, you probably should sell both your gpu's and buy a more powerful one. (if your psu can handle it)

Its a Power CO ., LTD Model type:ATM-600FB

It will be able to handle a RX 480 and your CPU for now :)

How much do you care about how loud your PC is and how cool your card runs?

Well, I bought this PC prebuilt which was the stupidest thing i ever done. So All the fans are plugged into the mobo. So its pretty loud.

4 minutes ago, Artiom916 said:

Well, I bought this PC prebuilt which was the stupidest thing i ever done. So All the fans are plugged into the mobo. So its pretty loud.

I could guess it was prebuilt when I saw the mobo and PSU ;)

So if you want to upgrade in the future to make your PC more quiet I recommend getting a Sapphire Nitro RX 480. If not you could technically go with the reference design or any cheaper model, what will be a lot hotter, louder and have a lower base clock what leads to slightly less fps.

So tell me, is there like anywhere i can send my computer for them to upgrade parts for me?

Just now, Artiom916 said:

So tell me, is there like anywhere i can send my computer for them to upgrade parts for me?

Just look for a local hardware store in your city. Google for it or maybe ask some friends.

Still why don't you upgrade it yourself? :) Go watch some LinusTechTips videos and I bet you will be able to swap out the GPU or replace fans easily. If you never try it you will never learn it. My first gaming PC was also prebuilt but I was really much into PC's so I watched a ton of videos about it and learned a lot from it and now I'm able to build a PC on my own. But just like you I started with some upgrades and the GPU is a good place to start since it is usually pretty easy. If you need help you can still go to a hardware store.

ok thanks man. You were very kind and helpful!

8 minutes ago, Artiom916 said:

ok thanks man. You were very kind and helpful!

No problem :)

A little tip for the forum in the end: You can use the quote button under every post so the writer of the original post gets a notification :)