PS4 doesn't recognize USB-Stick !?

Marmaran_1
Go to solution Solved by TheBestUserName,
6 hours ago, Marmaran_1 said:

Hello guys,

I changed out the 500GB HDD of my PS4 out with a new 2TB one from Seagate. Amazon link

The problem is the PS4 doesn't recognize the USB-Stick with the update file.

(I formatted it to FAT32 and the file is in the right spot: PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP)

Can you please help me I'm really frustrated right now.

(yes I saved my data before changing the hdd)

You probably have the Update file and not the full OS file.

How big is it?  If you have one that's about 300MB, that's the wrong one.  The full OS file is almost 900MB. 

Download it from here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/ps4-system-software/

Scroll to the very bottom and expand the section titled, "Perform a new installation of the system software."  

Download that one and try it again.  It has step-by-step instructions, too.  Make sure you read them to ensure you're not missing a step or otherwise doing something incorrectly.

Hello guys,

I changed out the 500GB HDD of my PS4 out with a new 2TB one from Seagate. Amazon link

(I formatted it to FAT32 and the file is in the right spot: PS4/UPDATE/PS4UPDATE.PUP)

Try a different USB maybe? idk. If you are following a tutorial, try a different one too. Just keep on trying

If your PS4™ system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.

if that doesn't work your usb stick probably isn't compatible.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

6 hours ago, Marmaran_1 said:

Hello guys,

How big is it?  If you have one that's about 300MB, that's the wrong one.  The full OS file is almost 900MB. 

Download it from here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/ps4-system-software/

Scroll to the very bottom and expand the section titled, "Perform a new installation of the system software."  

Download that one and try it again.  It has step-by-step instructions, too.  Make sure you read them to ensure you're not missing a step or otherwise doing something incorrectly.

12 hours ago, Ryoku said:

If your PS4™ system does not recognize the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.

Every folder and the file itself are named correctly.

10 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

My file is like 300MB so I think you're right. I'm now trying to do it with the full OS file.

11 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

@TheBestUserName You were right. Now it's working fine. Thank you so much ! xD