New gaming pc build

ChiMaster

Hi everyone,

thanks for taking the time to check out my post!

I am planning on building myself a new gaming PC in the next couple of days. However i am not that good in picking the parts so i have come here for help ?

My last build computer i gave away to my nephew so it is now time to treat myself to a great gaming PC. Below you will find the details and requirments of the PC.

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add So i live in the Netherlands and the used currency is the Euro. My budget is €1500,- more or less dont mind to go over by about €200,- as long as it means there is a significant preformance increase.

2. Aim

The aim is high end gaming on a 1440p 120hz screen. And in the nearby future VR gaming. Think of Star Citizen playable on the highest settings if possible.

3. Monitors

I currently have two monitors one is a very old monitor not worth checking the name wich i use just for watching youtube and general web browsing while gaming. The other one is my main monitor the Asus ROG Swift PG279q so a monitor is not included in the budget.

4. Peripherals

I have a full set of razer peripherals so it is also not included in my budget.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I gave my old PC away so it is time for a new one.

6. List of items already owned

- h440 razer edition case

- coolermaster v850 850w modular psu

- Razer leviathan speakers

- razer blackwidow keyboard

- razer naga mouse

- razer kraken 7.1 headset

Hope you all can come up with some crazy nice builds!

I'm not entirely familiar with the euro, so i worked it around pounds assuming that your 200 euros would cover the exchange rate either way.
I made a red themed build im not sure what colour you're existing parts are so i went that route but if not these parts generally have different coloured counterparts.

So, for VR you're going to want to go pretty big on your gpu so i think you'll probably want a 1080 so we're talking 600-700 pound.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-gaming-x-8gb-gddr5x-2560-core-vr-ready-graphics-card-with-twin-frozr-vi-plus-rg

I don't personally advise i7 to a non editor but it depends what you're playing. here's i nice i5 bundled with a motherboard that suits the red theme (i hope your existing stuff is red lol) 300 combined

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asrock-z170-gaming-k4-intel-z170-s1151-ddr4-satae-m2-atx-motherboard-with-intel-core-i5-6600-35ghz-u

i think there is an option on there for a more plain coloured motherboard if you're not going red.

RAM's up to you, i have 16GB and dont have any issues but ye, some people go 32GB (it's up to you) £50

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-red-pc4-22400-(2800)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-16-18-18-36-xmp-2

Hard Drives and Solid States are entirely up to you, maybe leave 300 for those?

Get some nice Cables according to your colour scheme, in total they can come about £70

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-braided-sleeve-24-pin-atx-cable-for-rmx-and-rmi-psus-type-4-gen-2-oem-pack-red

Bitfenix do nice ones but i couldn't find any on scan.

If i've missed anything ask me i quite enjoy all this lol. You should maybe look at a DAC for your headset they can cost above 100.
all that's £1420 in total which, according to google was just under 1700 euros, if you look around for these parts you could cut a good 100-200 off that price. Let me know if you want any different specs i'll have a browse for you.

Used the German pcpartpicker for this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€345.06 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  (€79.83 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€147.54 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€80.93 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€97.74 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€83.92 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  (€754.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer™ ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For €0.00) 
Total: €1589.91

6600K/GTX 1070 would still be enough for 1440p gaming.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud