ISO Mechanical Board

thewipyk

Hello guys! I'm in big trouble, I'm looking for an ISO layout keyboard, often known as english layout" keyboard (left shift is smaller to fit an other key between itself and "Z"), that has cherry MX brown swithces and is backlit. 
Unfortunately I only found This Corsair K70 keyboard, which is a bit too expensive and fancy for my likings. RGB is not needed, but numpad is.

Thank you in forward!

37 minutes ago, thewipyk said:

Hello guys! I'm in big trouble, I'm looking for an ISO layout keyboard, often known as english layout" keyboard (left shift is smaller to fit an other key between itself and "Z"), that has cherry MX brown swithces and is backlit. 
Unfortunately I only found This Corsair K70 keyboard, which is a bit too expensive and fancy for my likings. RGB is not needed, but numpad is.

Thank you in forward!

If you buy it in UK and there's no mention of it having something different, it'll be in UK. You want Swedish, buy from Sweden. German? Get it from Germany. And so forth. My bet would be, anything you order from a UK-based seller in amazon.co.uk, will ship UK layout. It's not the seller that determines the layout available. It's the importer/wholesale. It's practically impossible to get anything but Swedish/Nordic in Finland, because nobody imports anything but. The sucky thing is, with the high tax in Finland, tech is notably cheaper to order online from Germany. But all the laptops and keyboards and whatnot are gonna be QWERTZ. :/

Source: working for a tech retailers half my life. 

p.s. Do NOT trust the product images alone. The manufacturers don't publish separate product images for each layout. And the sellers have to use the ones they get from the manufacturer or ones they take themselves. Everything else costs too much or violates copyright. 

1 hour ago, Naeaes said:

If you buy it in UK and there's no mention of it having something different, it'll be in UK. You want Swedish, buy from Sweden. German? Get it from Germany. And so forth. My bet would be, anything you order from a UK-based seller in amazon.co.uk, will ship UK layout. It's not the seller that determines the layout available. It's the importer/wholesale. It's practically impossible to get anything but Swedish/Nordic in Finland, because nobody imports anything but. The sucky thing is, with the high tax in Finland, tech is notably cheaper to order online from Germany. But all the laptops and keyboards and whatnot are gonna be QWERTZ. :/

Source: working for a tech retailers half my life. 

p.s. Do NOT trust the product images alone. The manufacturers don't publish separate product images for each layout. And the sellers have to use the ones they get from the manufacturer or ones they take themselves. Everything else costs too much or violates copyright. 

THX. The problem is, that in fact I need Hungarian board, which is a special ISO layout, but almost noone ships here, and even if they do, it's either other layout and/or very expensive.

9 hours ago, thewipyk said:

THX. The problem is, that in fact I need Hungarian board, which is a special ISO layout, but almost noone ships here, and even if they do, it's either other layout and/or very expensive.

Must suck. :/ Well, if you stumble upon a decent KB with Cherry stems, you can always order blank or custom-printed caps online. Also, if it's not backlit, it's probably possible to wash or sand away the printing on the original caps.

16 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Must suck. :/ Well, if you stumble upon a decent KB with Cherry stems, you can always order blank or custom-printed caps online. Also, if it's not backlit, it's probably possible to wash or sand away the printing on the original caps.

That was what I was planning. The problem is the layout. As I mentioned, we here use modified ISO, which only difers in the keys, but has the exact same layout. However, theese retards ship here the normal, US version. Well, I think I'm gonna order a Corsair K70. BTW, what is the difference between the K70 and the K70 LUX? The only thing I found is that the LUX has cherry blue, while the K70 has both RED and BROWN.

I'd suggest a ducky or filco in your case they come in every switch and layout imaginable. 

Filco Supplier

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

11 hours ago, thewipyk said:

That was what I was planning. The problem is the layout. As I mentioned, we here use modified ISO, which only difers in the keys, but has the exact same layout. However, theese retards ship here the normal, US version. Well, I think I'm gonna order a Corsair K70. BTW, what is the difference between the K70 and the K70 LUX? The only thing I found is that the LUX has cherry blue, while the K70 has both RED and BROWN.

The changes are pretty minor. The old K70 had a flickering problem in the backlight which is now supposedly fixed. I don't remember exactly, but the old K70 had modified original MX switches and these new ones in the LUX are specially made for RGB backlight. One real benefit is that you can plug a USB device into the LUX. If you're interested, you should keep browsing for the LUX, I'd say. It exists in blue and brown too. I went to a Corsair demo and they weren't exactly open about the changes. Seems to me they're in the process of silently discontinuing the the original keyboards. Logitech did the same exact thing a few years back when they released the keyboards and mice with an S at the end of the model number. Minor paint-job changes and twice the price. I love Logitech but god, I hated that shitty move. Us sellers were left with the task of bullshitting people into buying that crap "You look like a guy that absolutely needs the extra 50 DPI in your mouse..."

On 2016. 07. 16. at 2:35 AM, Naeaes said:

"You look like a guy that absolutely needs the extra 50 DPI in your mouse..."

For a moment I tought this was for me :D I'm really into the R.A.T. 7, it looks awesome, fits perfectly in my giant hands, and in general I love the fact that it feels metal, and I don't have the feeling of "If I grab the mouse I will wreck it". Anyways, Thank you guys, I think I'm gonna stick with the K70, It still is one of the cheapest one in this category yet as I heard it's trustable.