Another Router Comparison

Mr_Boberto

Im moving to an apartment in the next few weeks and am looking into picking up a modem and a router. I think i got the modem i like nailed down (the Netgear CM500) but am stuck between 2 routers, the Netgear AC1750 and the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900. I am not to well versed in router/networking specs, i know they have different transfer rates and assume the Nighthawk will support high speeds. Wifi range shouldnt really be an issue, game systems and computer will be wired, only things on the wifi will be phone and tablet. Can anyone tell me if it would be worth it to drop the extra bucks on the Nighthawk instead of the 1750? Thanks for any help

They both use the same chipset and the same clocks.

The only difference is the wireless N on the R6700 is 450Mbps and the N on the R7000 is 600Mbps.

Also the R6700 only has one USB 3.0 port as the R7000 has an additional USB 2.0 port along with the USB 3.0 port. 

Note that the R7000 has great DD-WRT support from Kong but the build has yet to be ported to the R6700. 

Besides that there is not difference. So if you don't plan on using DD-WRT then get the R6700 and save a few dollars.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!