Sound Cards Static?

LegendaryZodiac

I saw TechQuickie's vid on sound cards, dacs, and amps. Linus said about how sound cards can have degraded sound due to electromagnetic interference. Besides and external dac and amp, any work arounds? But just as important, can anybody who has one or has compared the two tell me the quality difference or if the interference makes any difference, or if there is really any interference at all?

There is pretty much no way that a soundcard or onboard be completely void of EMI influences.

That said, its very much a case by case scenario.

Generally, its recommended that you don't buy soundcard unless you need it for particular reason (like your mobo does not have audio and you want a compact package).

1 minute ago, StormEye said:

There is pretty much no way that a soundcard or onboard be completely void of EMI influences.

That said, its very much a case by case scenario.

Generally, its recommended that you don't buy soundcard unless you need it for particular reason (like your mobo does not have audio and you want a compact package).

Alright thanks. I guess i prefer that compact and cleaner situation. It would be nice that that be worked on in the future by the companies.

27 minutes ago, LegendaryZodiac said:

I saw TechQuickie's vid on sound cards, dacs, and amps. Linus said about how sound cards can have degraded sound due to electromagnetic interference. Besides and external dac and amp, any work arounds? But just as important, can anybody who has one or has compared the two tell me the quality difference or if the interference makes any difference, or if there is really any interference at all?

Interference troubleshooting guide in my sig. A decent, properly functioning system shouldn't have any problems.

4 minutes ago, SSL said:

Interference troubleshooting guide in my sig. A decent, properly functioning system shouldn't have any problems.

So are you saying there wouldn't be much quality degradation with a sound card if I follow instructions and steps like your?

7 minutes ago, LegendaryZodiac said:

So are you saying there wouldn't be much quality degradation with a sound card if I follow instructions and steps like your?

I'm saying a soundcard may be superfluous.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

I'm saying a soundcard may be superfluous.

Because it's has more power than I'll need or because it isn't of much use?

7 minutes ago, LegendaryZodiac said:

Because it's has more power than I'll need or because it isn't of much use?

Probably both. What would you be getting it for?

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Probably both. What would you be getting it for?

Well im not trying to run a pro studio, and would use it mostly for gaming audio and music. I do, however, want great sound quality.

1 minute ago, LegendaryZodiac said:

Well im not trying to run a pro studio, and would use it mostly for gaming audio and music. I do, however, want great sound quality.

So get good headphones?

well besides headphones. I got the idea of speakers for music, and now that i think of it i could even use them for gaming. If so, then waht?