NZXT H440 Rear fan is loud

NewGUYgamer

Hello whenever i play games like GTA V, BF4, BO3 my rear case fan gets loud and start spinning faster, it gets annoying sounding like a small light leafblower.. My other fans don't get noisy at all except for my front case fan but it is covered in the front of the case so i can't hear it at all. As i am typing this, my case fans are spinning much faster than my graphic card and h100i fans.

How do I prevent the rear fan from getting really loud when playing ?

My specs : h100i corsair

asus maximus vi hero

gtx 970 4gb

12 minutes ago, NewGUYgamer said:

Hello whenever i play games like GTA V, BF4, BO3 my rear case fan gets loud and start spinning faster, it gets annoying sounding like a small light leafblower.. My other fans don't get noisy at all except for my front case fan but it is covered in the front of the case so i can't hear it at all. As i am typing this, my case fans are spinning much faster than my graphic card and h100i fans.

How do I prevent the rear fan from getting really loud when playing ?

My specs : h100i corsair

asus maximus vi hero

gtx 970 4gb

If it is plugged into your motherboard you can use speed fan to create a custom speed curve for the fan. Guide below

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

If your fans are plugged directly to the PSU or to the fan hub at the back of the motherboard tray, then the fans are running at full speed at all times. Connect them to your motherboard to control the speed.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 hours ago, jj9987 said:

If your fans are plugged directly to the PSU or to the fan hub at the back of the motherboard tray, then the fans are running at full speed at all times. Connect them to your motherboard to control the speed.

so your telling me when i play games, the fans go over max speed because they get even faster and louder when i play high graphic games

22 minutes ago, NewGUYgamer said:

so your telling me when i play games, the fans go over max speed because they get even faster and louder when i play high graphic games

Then it is most likely the GPU or CPU fans (assuming latter is connected to the motherboard). Their speed is regulated automatically and when temperature rises, these fans also go faster.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

6 hours ago, jj9987 said:

Then it is most likely the GPU or CPU fans (assuming latter is connected to the motherboard). Their speed is regulated automatically and when temperature rises, these fans also go faster.

okay so i tested all my fans and it is indeed the h100i cooler fans, i downloaded Corsair link and put both the fans to quiet mode, and it is almost silent both running at around 1000-1050 rpm! Is it safe to game on quiet mode?

11 minutes ago, NewGUYgamer said:

okay so i tested all my fans and it is indeed the h100i cooler fans, i downloaded Corsair link and put both the fans to quiet mode, and it is almost silent both running at around 1000-1050 rpm! Is it safe to game on quiet mode?

I have a H440 and the original case fans were not that loud. It's likely the GPU fan, that was always the loudest for me, and / or the CPU fan.

In regards to whether it's safe to game in quiet mode, in my opinion, no.

I wasn't comfortable with the temperatures that resulted from this. However, you may have different standards of what you find comfortable with in regards to temps vs. noise.

I would suggest doing a small test, like the GTA V benchmark or Firestrike in 3DMark and use HWMonitor to identify your max temps of the CPU while under a gaming load.

Personally, I don't mind a loud PC when I'm playing games as I use headphones and these tend to block out most of the noise.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4Ghz; Mobo: ASUS Z170 Deluxe; RAM: 16GB Corsiar Dominator DDR4 3000MHz; GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti; PSU: Corsair RM750i; Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i GTX; OS Drive: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD; Mass Storage: 3No. HDDs (8TB Total); Case: NZXT H440 Mid Tower

4 minutes ago, MotherGerald said:

I have a H440 and the original case fans were not that loud. It's likely the GPU fan, that was always the loudest for me, and / or the CPU fan.

In regards to whether it's safe to game in quiet mode, in my opinion, no.

I wasn't comfortable with the temperatures that resulted from this. However, you may have different standards of what you comfortable with in regards to temps vs. noise.

I would suggest doing a small test, like the GTA V benchmark or Firestrike in 3DMark and use HWMonitor to identify your max temps of the CPU while under a gaming load.

Personally, I don't mind a loud PC when I'm playing games as I use headphones and these tend to block out most of the noise.

i made a new post, and i hate using headphones and havent bought one for years..i am going to just play every game and check my temperature while in-game with corsair link, current temp is 31.2 bouta go in a league match!

On 26.6.2016 at 8:40 PM, NewGUYgamer said:

yes