The mouse moves slowly when playing a video!

N.E.A

I've noticed that when I play a video on youtube or from my computer, the mouse does not move as fluidly as it does usually. When the playback is stopped it moves normally again. What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it?

I am using a 1080P 32" monitor with GTX 550 TI and a Core i5 2400. The mouse is Logitech G700s and I am running Windows 7 but I did experience the same thing with the same mouse and monitor but on my laptop running Windows 10. So I do not think the OS has anything to do with this issue. 

My way of life: "Think differently, act modestly."

Internet dweller love to write and read about almost everything.

I like to be part of productive and positive communities. 

Monitor your component utilization and clock speeds while watching a video and let us know what you find.

Sometimes a loaded CPU can affect the smoothness of the tracking of the mouse, and other times, the GPU can DISPLAY the mouse hopping across the screen when it's in fact tracking smoothly.

This used to happen on my GPU quite a bit. The 2D clock speed wasn't quite high enough or something, so it would stutter and skip during videos, the mouse would seem unresponsive, scrolling was really jaggy...

11 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Monitor your component utilization and clock speeds while watching a video and let us know what you find.

Sometimes a loaded CPU can affect the smoothness of the tracking of the mouse, and other times, the GPU can DISPLAY the mouse hopping across the screen when it's in fact tracking smoothly.

This used to happen on my GPU quite a bit. The 2D clock speed wasn't quite high enough or something, so it would stutter and skip during videos, the mouse would seem unresponsive, scrolling was really jaggy...

Nope, I checked the usage and it never goes higher than 28%

My way of life: "Think differently, act modestly."

Internet dweller love to write and read about almost everything.

I like to be part of productive and positive communities.