New build won't boot?

SloMoeshon

So I got all of my computer parts, threw them all together, and it won't boot.

Here's my specs:

• i7 6850k
  • 64GB RAM (8x8)
  • Asus deluxe II motherboard
  • 1200w power supply
  • GTX 650 (Temporary until my two GTX 1080s from Asus decides to ship one day...)
  • 5TB WD HDD
  • Corsair H110GTX

When I plug everhthing in, the motherboard lights up to show power. Then, when I hit the power button (Tried the case power button and the power button on the motherboard) I get one short beep and it doesn't even attempt to boot. Fans don't start going or anything. I've tried reseating the ram/gpu. There aren't any codes being thrown on the board.

I looked through the manual for one short beep and it said this - 

1 Short beep - (VGA Detected, quick boot disabled, no keyboard detected)

My best guess is that the GPU simply doesn't work, but I don't have a way to test onboard video. Tonight I can get my hands on a GTX 780 that I know for a 100% fact it's working, and see if that changes anything. Although that wont be until late tonight as I have to go to work. What do you guys think?

2 hours ago, SloMoeshon said:

When I plug everything in, the motherboard lights up to show power. Then, when I hit the power button (Tried the case power button and the power button on the motherboard) I get one short beep and it doesn't even attempt to boot. Fans don't start going or anything. I've tried reseating the ram/gpu. There aren't any codes being thrown on the board.

I looked through the manual for one short beep and it said this - 

1 Short beep - (VGA Detected, quick boot disabled, no keyboard detected)

My best guess is that the GPU simply doesn't work, but I don't have a way to test onboard video. Tonight I can get my hands on a GTX 780 that I know for a 100% fact it's working, and see if that changes anything. Although that wont be until late tonight as I have to go to work. What do you guys think?

Are your fans connected to the PSU?

It's not a race to the bottom.

1 hour ago, 0x1e said:

Are your fans connected to the PSU?

No, theyre connected to the motherboard.

Alright, I've just taken out all the ram and tried powering on and I still get the same beep! I tried a different gpu, same beep. Anyone at all have any ideas at all?

6 minutes ago, SloMoeshon said:

Alright, I've just taken out all the ram and tried powering on and I still get the same beep! I tried a different gpu, same beep. Anyone at all have any ideas at all?

Its not going to boot with no RAM installed.  What type and speed of RAM are you using?

Make sure all the risers are installed under your motherboard. I've seen similar things happen when they're not.

9 minutes ago, Matt420740 said:

Its not going to boot with no RAM installed.  What type and speed of RAM are you using?

I tried it both with and without ram hoping to hear a different beep. Its ripjaws, 2400mhz

54 minutes ago, SloMoeshon said:

I tried it both with and without ram hoping to hear a different beep. Its ripjaws, 2400mhz

If the GPU was having issues the case and CPU fans should still spin up.  Try it with just one stick of ram at a time, to see if one of the sticks is faulty. 

If that doesn't do anything try going through the steps here to narrow the problem down -

re-plugin all the psu connectors. Make sure they have good solid connections.

Maybe the case is shorting the motherboard some how. Check your standoffs.