Is it possible to dual-boot Win10 & Ubuntu with separate boot loaders?

I want to dual-boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu on separate disks, but don't want GRUB installed on my main Windows drive.  I want to keep the installations as separate as possible and use the BIOS to switch between the OS's, not a boot loader.  My Windows 10 is already installed and boots via UEFI.  I know I can't use the Windows boot loader to boot to Linux, so I have another idea, but not sure if it will work...

Use the BIOS's boot option changer (F11 on my system) to switch between the following two...

Windows - UEFI Windows Boot Loader on Disk #1

Linux - MBR Linux Boot Loader on Disk #2

Will this work or is what I want even possible, or am I forced to have Linux install Grub2?

Check and see if your motherboard has a setting that prompts you which drive to boot into. Otherwise, just make sure you hit that F2/F12/whatever button that lets you select which boot device and you're good. You'd only have to install grub on your Windows drive if you were trying to have Windows and Linux on the same drive.

Well to complicate things, I am using Intel's RST...

I have 3 drives for Windows.  My boot drive is a 500GB M.2 drive.  I have a 1TB HDD that I store my games on and that drive is accelerated by a 64GB SSD via Intel's RST.  Ubuntu would be installed on a 4th drive, a dedicated 128GB SSD.

What I would most like is to install Ubuntu totally on that drive in UEFI mode, and have that drive have it's own UEFI partition with it's own boot loader.  Then I would just use the BIOS to switch between which UEFI boot loader to use, Windows or Grub.  This way, if I decide I don't want Ubuntu, or want to try a different distro, I can simply wipe that 128GB SSD and install what ever I want without any need to adjust anything on the Windows boot drive.

That does work.

My desktop is running* like that.

I did not install any specific software for that. Using the bios was enough.

Although it actually needed to restart two to three times for the MB correctly recognize that there were two different boot drives.

*It used to run, actually. I'm travelling, so I passed my desktop to my mom. Since she only know how to use windows, I disconnected the linux drive. 

Yes, in fact GRUB is tied to a single drive so if you boot from the other one the system will act like GRUB is not even there.

To be honest I don't see the point though, why not just boot into GRUB every time and select Windows from there? The Windows drive will not be affected by this and if you removed the Linux drive it would work just like before.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*