New Gaming PC for a Friend

We managed to convert one of my friends from Playstation to PC. He's been having a great time with CS:GO and LoL, and recently wanted to try Overwatch during the beta. But alas the PC he is currently using has finally shown it's weakness as Overwatch refused to run on the cheap AMD card in it. I have created 2 different builds for him. One sub $500 AMD/Nvidia (http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hnr2Fd) and one more expensive but much better Intel/Nvidia (http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2VBQzM) built around the 1070. His original budget was $500 but he is willing to move up if it will give him a significant performance boost and more future proofed build. I'd also like to wait a bit to see how the rest of the 1000 series lineup performs and is priced. The 1060 might be a better fit price wise (my 660 is still kicking). Anything else I should add to his build? Cpu cooler possibly or maybe a cheaper quad core for the first build? Thanks in advance for input.

Also I'd like to stick with Nvidia cards as I have found them to be much easier to use and more feature rich (GeForce experience/shadowplay) even though AMD may be cheaper.

Any idea what games he's going to be playing in the future? If he's just going to play Overwatch, CS:GO, and LoL I think the build with the 960 in it should be fine.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Is he willing to wait till the time 1060s will be available at decent prices?