Windows Explorer not starting with Windows.

deWaardt

Okay, I just got rid of some virus crap I somehow obtained, and my computer seems to work fine again, but there's one remaining issue..

When I start my PC, Windows Explorer doesn't run automatically, I have to bring up task manager and manually execute Windows Explorer.

I've tried googling, but non of these solution work or they're outdated.

Can someone help me please?

2 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

I've tried googling, but non of these solution work or they're outdated.

Can someone help me please?

That's because Explorer is a virus, you should be thanking your antivirus, seriously. 

1 minute ago, positivePXL said:

That's because Explorer is a virus, you should be thanking your antivirus, seriously. 

Thanks for the help, but without Windows Explorer I can't really do anything but look at a black screen.

Do you even know what I am talking about?

1 minute ago, deWaardt said:

Thanks for the help, but without Windows Explorer I can't really do anything but look at a black screen.

Do you even know what I am talking about?

You open up Windows, and you try and access the internet, and instead of pulling up a virus (Internet Explorer), you get a black screen, yup sounds like your anti-virus deleted the files so you wouldn't ever make the mistake of trying to use Internet Explorer again.

You open up Windows, and you try and access the internet, and instead of pulling up a virus (Internet Explorer), you get a black screen, yup sounds like your anti-virus deleted the files so you wouldn't ever make the mistake of trying to use Internet Explorer again.

No.

I boot Windows, I end up with a black screen because Windows Explorer doesn't open.

Not Internet Explorer you idiot, please read carefully.

Windows Explorer

Not Internet Explorer

The problem here is Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

Tower: Fractal Design Define R5, ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, Intel Core i7 4790K, Intel HD 4600, 2x HyperX Savage 8GB 1600MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, WD Caviar Red 2TB, BeQuiet Pure Power 630W, Custom Water Cooling, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), iMac14,1

Notebook: HP Elitebook 8460P, Intel Core i5 2410M, Intel HD 3000, Crucial 2x8GB 1333MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), MacBookPro8,1

1 minute ago, ottoedler said:

The problem here is Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

Thank you

What have you tried so far? Tried to manually add explorer.exe to autostart?

Tower: Fractal Design Define R5, ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, Intel Core i7 4790K, Intel HD 4600, 2x HyperX Savage 8GB 1600MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, WD Caviar Red 2TB, BeQuiet Pure Power 630W, Custom Water Cooling, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), iMac14,1

Notebook: HP Elitebook 8460P, Intel Core i5 2410M, Intel HD 3000, Crucial 2x8GB 1333MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), MacBookPro8,1

Maybe you corrupted a file in your drivers? Try reinstalling a couple of them? Also try booting into safe-mode, might help.

What have you tried so far? Tried to manually add explorer.exe to autostart?

Yeah, I've added it but it still doesn't launch.

It is even listed in Task Manager as a startup application and is enabled there.

When I manually launch Explorer, it functions normally and as expected, but it just refuses to start with Windows.

I already tried sfc /scannow and it came back telling me it couldn't find any issues.

What version of Windows are you running?

Does Explorer work properly in safe mode?

What version of Windows are you running?

Does Explorer work properly in safe mode?

Windows 10 Home edition x64

I have not tried yet, let me try that.

Nope, no explorer in safe mode