PC jobs

bgibbz

So I'm 16 years old, and I recently quit my last job that I had a restaurant. I really want to try to get a job at one of the local computer shops near me. I am wondering if any of you have any ideas on what I could do to make that more likely. I realize that getting a job is going to be fairly unlikely, but I still want to at least try. I remember talking to a former coworker who was in colledge studying to be something in IT. He told me that if I want to get a job at a computer shop, best thing would be to get A+ certified. I looked into that, but the only thing I am concerned about is the fact that they are changing the test in june. I don't know if its to late to take the test now, or if I need to wait until june, but my biggest worry is that by the time its june, it will be to late to get a job. I also don't want to spend 400$ on a test only to have it become obsolete on my resume withen a month. Any advice? thanks in advance!

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Tests change all the time.  A test changing does not invalidate all certs prior to the change.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Tests change all the time.  A test changing does not invalidate all certs prior to the change.

Ok thanks.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

Ok thanks.

I guess what is your goal for your career?  Just messing with PCs?  Or that's where you'd like to start?  Where'd you want to end up?

Samfisher is right, a new version of a test will not invalidate the old one.

I want to go into computer engineering, and I though a good place to start was fixing computers. I already fix all of my families and neibors issue regulary, and I do spend a lot of time on the trouble shooting parts of this and other forums learning what I can. As far as where I want to end up, I really haven't decided yet. As I mentioned, I'm thinking of going into computer engineering in college, but after that I'm really not sure.

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I guess what is your goal for your career?  Just messing with PCs?  Or that's where you'd like to start?  Where'd you want to end up?

I want to go into computer engineering, and I though a good place to start was fixing computers. I already fix all of my families and neibors issue regulary, and I do spend a lot of time on the trouble shooting parts of this and other forums learning what I can. As far as where I want to end up, I really haven't decided yet. As I mentioned, I'm thinking of going into computer engineering in college, but after that I'm really not sure.

1 minute ago, bgibbz said:

Computer Engineering is a program, what do you actually want to do as a job? :P  Networking? Design? Hardware? Software/programming?

4 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Computer Engineering is a program, what do you actually want to do as a job? :P  Networking? Design? Hardware? Software/programming?

I will be a male stripper spinning around the pole. 

42 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

I want go into something with hardware. I really enjoy the hardware side of computes and other electronics.

17 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

I want go into something with hardware. I really enjoy the hardware side of computes and other electronics.

You might find some success as a systems engineer then.  Datacentres, office hardware/software support, installing and dismantling servers and all that jazz.  Never do datacentre officer/NOC jobs if you want to be near hardware.  It's a dead end job with no future and you do basically nothing 95% of the time.

2 hours ago, Samfisher said:

You might find some success as a systems engineer then.  Datacentres, office hardware/software support, installing and dismantling servers and all that jazz.  Never do datacentre officer/NOC jobs if you want to be near hardware.  It's a dead end job with no future and you do basically nothing 95% of the time.

Ok, thanks again for all of the help. :)