Cloning and Advanced Format

FirehawkV21

Recently, I bought a new hard drive for my laptop (an HGST Travelstar 7K1000) and cloned my old hard drive (Western Digital Blue 500GB (WD5000LPVX)) to the new one with Macrium Reflect. Everything went fine, and a few days later I decided to gift my old drive to a friend of mine. I used Acronis True Image WD Edition to clone it (I wasn't sure if the recovery media I made would work on her laptop (Mine's Windows 10 powered, hers is Windows 7 powered)) and everything went fine. But when I was searching about the cloning, I read that if I clone an old drive that doesn't support Advanced Format (hers was a WD Scorpio Blue 250GB (2008 model)), it will keep the old 512 byte alignment and I have to use the WD Align tool after cloning (I've only adjusted the partitions with EaseUs Partition Master. I did not run the alignment tool). Further research on WD's support page refers that their cloning tool will automatically align the partitions. I'm confused. Do I have to run the alignment tool, or not?