Overclocking guides recommendation?

Hey guys i'm planning to overclock my cpu. Could anyone recommend a good overclocking guide?

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

i used this for my i5-4670k + asus z97-ar ,  but ended up doing an easy 4.0 since i could only get to 4.4 ghz stable, im assuming it the cpu in your profile

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

1 minute ago, papapoi said:

i used this for my i5-4670k + asus z97-ar ,  but ended up doing an easy 4.0 since i could only get to 4.4 ghz stable, im assuming it the cpu in your profile

http://www.overclock.net/t/1411077/haswell-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

Thanks, Yes the CPU that i'm gonna overclock is the CPU in my profile.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

np, i watched alot of vids but this guide was easier cause all i had to do was copy the other users data, there isnt much for your exact cpu unfortunately but it gives you a general idea at least hopefully or a place to start at least

i forgot to add linus did a vid on this for a visual help

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

3 hours ago, papapoi said:

np, i watched alot of vids but this guide was easier cause all i had to do was copy the other users data, there isnt much for your exact cpu unfortunately but it gives you a general idea at least hopefully or a place to start at least

i forgot to add linus did a vid on this for a visual help

Thanks, BTW could i also follow this video too? Are there any major diffrences between the Haswell and the Haswell Refresh?

Spoiler

5 hours ago, DND said:

Thanks, BTW could i also follow this video too? Are there any major diffrences between the Haswell and the Haswell Refresh?

there are no major differences other than the speed from my understanding, though some have said that the 4690k was supposed to be an improvement when it came to chip used and heat produced meaning higher overclocks, so overall you can follow it also 

i didn't want to spend too much time so i ended up just changing the multiplier to 40 and left it there for now since i am only air cooling, maybe when im ready to upgrade i'll push it to the limit just to see what i can get.

7 hours ago, papapoi said:

there are no major differences other than the speed from my understanding, though some have said that the 4690k was supposed to be an improvement when it came to chip used and heat produced meaning higher overclocks, so overall you can follow it also 

i didn't want to spend too much time so i ended up just changing the multiplier to 40 and left it there for now since i am only air cooling, maybe when im ready to upgrade i'll push it to the limit just to see what i can get.

Oh i see thanks. I'm not really pushing my CPU to the limits maybe i'll just do a mild overclock maybe around 4.0Ghz or 4.2Ghz at max i can't let the CPU dying on me because i tried to overclock it so high.

Spoiler