Building First gaming pc

Hi guys,

I'm planning on building a new PC but I don't really know what parts to get so I'm asking for some help.

Budget, location and Aim

Im wanting to build a new PC designed for gaming, I want the best performance possible for a budget of about €800 with All the parts being delivered to the netherlands. I am planning on playing games like GTA 5 and other demanding games so I need the best performance possible.

Monitors

At home I've already got a 1080p monitor. This monitor only has a HDMI and a VGA input. I might buy a second monitor in the future but I don't mind if the graphics card only has one HDMI output, I'm fine with using two different monitors

Peripherals

I would like to have a nice mouse and keyboard with this tower but it's not really that important. In terms of my OS, I'm really not too sure, I've got a backup of an old PC that doesn't work anymore and the whole hard drive has been backed up, it seems to have windows on it but I don't know how hard it is to move it and whether it works at all. The broken PC used to run 32-bit win 7 so it might not work. A DVD drive or an ssd is not required since I don't need rapid boot time and I'm not planning on watching any DVDs.

I don't necessarily need a cpu cooler because I'm fine with losing that little bit of performance to save some money, a cpu and motherboard with support for over clocking would be very welcome though.

Reason for upgrading

At the moment the best PC at home is a €500 laptop with Intel HD graphics and a low res screen and I really want an upgrade to play games smoothly.

Could someone help me with collecting parts for this build, I'm not in a hurry or something but would like to see what I can build for this amount of money.

Thanks so much,

Coolicebear

That's about 900 USD I think. So I would recommend spending about 750$ on the build and about $150 on peripherals. Or if you're like me you might want to spend less on the peripherals.

You could get an i5/i7 (I'd recommend an i5 on this budget) and a 380x/390 for the graphics card or a 970/980.

I'll put together a parts list or two in a minute for you :)

5 minutes ago, Coolicebear said:

Hi guys,

Budget, location and Aim

Im wanting to build a new PC designed for gaming, I want the best performance possible for a budget of about €800 with All the parts being delivered to the netherlands. I am planning on playing games like GTA 5 and other demanding games so I need the best performance possible.

Monitors

At home I've already got a 1080p monitor. This monitor only has a HDMI and a VGA input. I might buy a second monitor in the future but I don't mind if the graphics card only has one HDMI output, I'm fine with using two different monitors

Peripherals

I would like to have a nice mouse and keyboard with this tower but it's not really that important. In terms of my OS, I'm really not too sure, I've got a backup of an old PC that doesn't work anymore and the whole hard drive has been backed up, it seems to have windows on it but I don't know how hard it is to move it and whether it works at all. The broken PC used to run 32-bit win 7 so it might not work. A DVD drive or an ssd is not required since I don't need rapid boot time and I'm not planning on watching any DVDs.

I don't necessarily need a cpu cooler because I'm fine with losing that little bit of performance to save some money, a cpu and motherboard with support for over clocking would be very welcome though.

Reason for upgrading

At the moment the best PC at home is a €500 laptop with Intel HD graphics and a low res screen and I really want an upgrade to play games smoothly.

Could someone help me with collecting parts for this build, I'm not in a hurry or something but would like to see what I can build for this amount of money.

Thanks so much,

Coolicebear

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€197.93 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€66.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€36.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€49.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  (€309.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: BitFenix Neos Black ATX Mid Tower Case  (€42.63 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€73.72 @ Mindfactory) 
Other: Win 10 from Kinguin (€20.00)
Total: €797.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-31 20:43 CEST+0200

You might consider an R9 390 instead as it offers slightly better performance, but I chose the 970 simply because I wanted to stay below budget.

Just now, tataklee said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€66.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€36.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€49.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  (€309.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: BitFenix Neos Black ATX Mid Tower Case  (€42.63 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€73.72 @ Mindfactory) 
Other: Win 10 from Kinguin (€20.00)
Total: €797.15
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-31 20:43 CEST+0200

You might consider an R9 390 instead as it offers slightly better performance, but I chose the 970 simply because I wanted to stay below budget.

H110 is a terrible chipset.

2 minutes ago, Seminole said:

That's about 900 USD I think. So I would recommend spending about 750$ on the build and about $150 on peripherals. Or if you're like me you might want to spend less on the peripherals.

You could get an i5/i7 (I'd recommend an i5 on this budget) and a 380x/390 for the graphics card or a 970/980.

I'll put together a parts list or two in a minute for you :)

$911.24

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/2PWGvK
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/2PWGvK/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€62.36 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€34.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€122.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380X 4GB PCS+ Myst. Edition Video Card  (€241.05 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-01 RED ATX Mid Tower Case  (€57.43 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: Corsair VS 550W ATX Power Supply  (€51.31 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €768.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-31 20:50 CEST+0200

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kMT4yc

I left room for you to pick your own storage/case and peripherals. I tried to squeeze in a Z series motherboard and an unlocked i5 but it put it around 700$ and I just figured you'd want space to play with the budget :)

1 hour ago, chiwas said:

H110 is a terrible chipset.

Could you explain why that's such a bad motherboard and maybe suggest another one then because this honestly isn't that helpful 

1 hour ago, Seminole said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kMT4yc

I left room for you to pick your own storage/case and peripherals. I tried to squeeze in a Z series motherboard and an unlocked i5 but it put it around 700$ and I just figured you'd want space to play with the budget :)

Thanks so much dude, I might remove the cooler and run with the stock cooler first to be able to overclock later on.

26 minutes ago, Coolicebear said:

Thanks so much dude, I might remove the cooler and run with the stock cooler first to be able to overclock later on.

Oh yeah, I actually meant to remove the cooler myself haha my mistake :)

24 minutes ago, Seminole said:

Oh yeah, I actually meant to remove the cooler myself haha my mistake :)

No probleem dude, I'm already extremely happy with the fact that you helped me out. your profilepicture is amazing btw?