windows 10 spying

papapoi

has anyone tried any of the windows 10 spying disable software? does it work? does it make your system unstable in any way? i saw this program and was going to try it but would be good to hear if anyone had any thoughts or experiences before i did it.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/win10_spy_disabler.html

TIA!

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

5 minutes ago, papapoi said:

has anyone tried any of the windows 10 spying disable software? does it work? does it make your system unstable in any way? i saw this program and was going to try it but would be good to hear if anyone had any thoughts or experiences before i did it.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/win10_spy_disabler.html

TIA!

Never tried but I highly doubt it makes your system unstable. If you like the look of it, give it a shot.

Well Microsoft themselves have come out and stated that some of the spying features in windows 10 cannot be stopped. Period, the end. Not with software, not with settings. At the end of the day, that's just the fact of windows 10. You can either accept it, or you can, like me, give Microsoft the middle finger by sticking with an older OS(or even better, go with linux). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

edit: you can use the software anyway, but your basically wearing a condom with a hole cut in the top. It may make you feel safe, but then a week later you will find some article online about how someone did the research and found that your software isn't actually fully blocking the spying either. At which point you can either put on another condom with another hole in it, or you can realize that even though your the one wearing the condom, its you that's being screwed. And the guy screwing you ain't wearing no condom at all...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Meh, it's unlikely to kill anything... The only issue I ever got with such application was that it disabled Skype group chats because the servers were blocked in the hosts file...

kinda figured on all of that, i've got nothing to hide, i actually have a real licensed version of win 10, after many years of AHEM.. other, LOL.  i just like win 10 because of the xbox 1 intergration(i know, iknow, PCmasterrace and all that jazz) but pc dont have rock band. some of these software unistall some programs i dont need like office 2016, onedrive, etc. thanks again for the input

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

kinda figured on all of that, i've got nothing to hide, i actually have a real licensed version of win 10, after many years of AHEM.. other, LOL.  i just like win 10 because of the xbox 1 intergration(i know, iknow, PCmasterrace and all that jazz) but pc dont have rock band. some of these software unistall some programs i dont need like office 2016, onedrive, etc. thanks again for the input

Well as long as your hearts set on windows 10, better prepare your anus, cuz brother bill(gates) is goin in bareback... Don't say I didn't warn ya.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Creepy_4904ee_2366347.jpg

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

i've got cd/dvds of win95,98,xp, vista(boo), win7, win 8 if ever i change my mind, and i can download many linux distros if it comes to that. even floppies of win 3.1 ,hahaha

2 minutes ago, BurnerMC said:

yea,saw that video thats why i was wondering about the so-called automated software option

yea,saw that video thats why i was wondering about the so-called automated software option

I think you missed the point. These softwares and settings do not work. Thats not an opinion, its a fact supported by microsoft and countless people who have independently tested it themselves. If you wanna stay on windows 10, thats great but theres no point in trying to turn off the spying which for a fact cannot be stopped. Not trying to persuade you to use one OS over another, just saying your wasting your time as there is no non-spying option for windows 10. You either get spyed on with windows 10, or you use one of the other OSs you mentioned. Thats if...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

22 minutes ago, Tmt97 said:

I think you missed the point. These softwares and settings do not work. Thats not an opinion, its a fact supported by microsoft and countless people who have independently tested it themselves. If you wanna stay on windows 10, thats great but theres no point in trying to turn off the spying which for a fact cannot be stopped. Not trying to persuade you to use one OS over another, just saying your wasting your time as there is no non-spying option for windows 10. You either get spyed on with windows 10, or you use one of the other OSs you mentioned. Thats if...

actually if you read the post, i asked if anyone has "tried"  the software and what was their experience with it. i know there will always be a way for microsoft to spy. anyway everything gets routed through the feds server and its just the chance you have to take if you're going to be online. i wanted to know if anyone actually "TRIED" it to lmk how they felt about it, some of these software also uninstalls one drive, etc

http://www.site2unblock.com/win10-spy-disabler/

and how it affected their pc, just like an android phone when you disable bloatware sometimes other programs won't work until you reinstall them. like one person said it messed up skype, the less bloatware or files not needed in my pc, the more space for important stuff. and yes i can use a uninstall program if i want but i saw this program and it was free so i asked about it.

On 2/24/2016 at 2:45 AM, Tmt97 said:

Well Microsoft themselves have come out and stated that some of the spying features in windows 10 cannot be stopped. Period, the end. Not with software, not with settings. At the end of the day, that's just the fact of windows 10. You can either accept it, or you can, like me, give Microsoft the middle finger by sticking with an older OS(or even better, go with linux). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

edit: you can use the software anyway, but your basically wearing a condom with a hole cut in the top. It may make you feel safe, but then a week later you will find some article online about how someone did the research and found that your software isn't actually fully blocking the spying either. At which point you can either put on another condom with another hole in it, or you can realize that even though your the one wearing the condom, its you that's being screwed. And the guy screwing you ain't wearing no condom at all...

fyi windows has rolled out spyware on their older os as well. http://news.thewindowsclub.com/telemetry-data-collection-updates-come-windows-7-8-79888/

@papapoi I did not bother installing that program when I initially became aware of it because of 2 reasons. a) it blocks most of the spyware by blocking microsoft urls and that doesn't work because the urls are baked into the systems dll files so they can't be blocked with localhost. and b) to work it also disables windows updater and I prefer my computer to have the most recent security updates. For example a semi-recent patch was to stop malware from being installed on the system via windows font install files which were previous completely unchecked and could very easily give complete access to malware.

1 hour ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

fyi windows has rolled out spyware on their older os as well. http://news.thewindowsclub.com/telemetry-data-collection-updates-come-windows-7-8-79888/

@papapoi I did not bother installing that program when I initially became aware of it because of 2 reasons. a) it blocks most of the spyware by blocking microsoft urls and that doesn't work because the urls are baked into the systems dll files so they can't be blocked with localhost. and b) to work it also disables windows updater and I prefer my computer to have the most recent security updates. For example a semi-recent patch was to stop malware from being installed on the system via windows font install files which were previous completely unchecked and could very easily give complete access to malware.

Perfect, well it looks like I'm done with windows 8. Thanks for the heads up man. I guess I'll only be using it for gaming from now on.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

32 minutes ago, Tmt97 said:

Perfect, well it looks like I'm done with windows 8. Thanks for the heads up man. I guess I'll only be using it for gaming from now on.

Yea I'm in a bit of a bind myself as to which os to use.
Mac - Respect the dedication they have to protecting user's private data, hate the system limitations as I am a custom themer and tweak all the things. (Also hate the company for their douchy attitude and stupidly overpriced hardware.)
Windows - Love the compatibility (everything just works on windows), pretty fond of win10, basically win7 with spyware and stupid lines on taskbar icons, love that everything there is not an option for the os is so popular someone has made a hack/patch/howto guide for. Hate the spying, also hate the company for things like the x-bone one release, and refusal to embrace custom theme options forcing themers to hack the os. I could live with everything but the spying, that's a real dealbreaker.
Linux - Love the company, the morals/ethics,  and that it supports custom themes and you can use a version without spyware. Hate that most things are freaking annoying to get working with Linux.

Honestly as I can't actually use mac because white makes my eyes bleed and mac only comes in extra white and won't let me tweak things, and I can't use Linux because it doesn't have things like nvidia drivers that are worth a damn... I'm stuck with windows. I tried staying at 7 so I could avoid the spyware but then the spyware came to 7 and I refuse to turn off system updates for essential security updates and can't be bothered to just uninstall/block all telemetry updates as I would surely miss some anyways so I just went to win10 for maximum support and faster boot times. Just like the current U.S. presidential election the os war has turned into which is the least shit while still performing necessary functions.

Just now, Wolf_Lbh said:

Yea I'm in a bit of a bind myself as to which os to use.
Mac - Respect the dedication they have to protecting user's private data, hate the system limitations as I am a custom themer and tweak all the things. (Also hate the company for their douchy attitude and stupidly overpriced hardware.)
Windows - Love the compatibility (everything just works on windows), pretty fond of win10, basically win7 with spyware and stupid lines on taskbar icons, love that everything there is not an option for the os is so popular someone has made a hack/patch/howto guide for. Hate the spying, also hate the company for things like the x-bone one release, and refusal to embrace custom theme options forcing themers to hack the os. I could live with everything but the spying, that's a real dealbreaker.
Linus - Love the company, the morals/ethics,  and that it supports custom themes and you can use a version without spyware. Hate that most things are freaking annoying to get working with Linux.

Honestly as I can't actually use mac because white makes my eyes bleed and mac only comes in extra white and won't let me tweak things, and I can't use Linux because it doesn't have things like nvidia drivers that are worth a damn... I'm stuck with windows. I tried staying at 7 so I could avoid the spyware but then the spyware came to 7 and I refuse to turn off system updates for essential security updates and can't be bothered to just uninstall/block all telemetry updates as I would surely miss some anyways so I just went to win10 for maximum support and faster boot times. Just like the current U.S. presidential election the os war has turned into which is the least shit while still performing necessary functions.

Well remember that with OSX you don't need to use their hardware if you wanna make a hackintosh, so their overpriced hardware is irrelevant. Sucks if you wanna customize your system though... Personally I like the default look, but I get it if you wanna customize anything your kinda screwed. In  my view windows sucks. I've used windows xp, vista, 8, and 10(briefly). None of them ever worked very well for me. Always had bugs, crashes, ect, and the general lack of user-friendliness made me get pissed off every time I logged onto my computer. You might get more compatibility with software but my priority is that the OS itself works personally... Linux is pretty nice, although I agree with you that its kinda difficult to setup, however it has a lot of the same things that I liked about OSX in it. In my case I'll probably stick with Ubuntu until I setup a hackintosh.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

21 minutes ago, Tmt97 said:

Well remember that with OSX you don't need to use their hardware if you wanna make a hackintosh, so their overpriced hardware is irrelevant. Sucks if you wanna customize your system though... Personally I like the default look, but I get it if you wanna customize anything your kinda screwed. In  my view windows sucks. I've used windows xp, vista, 8, and 10(briefly). None of them ever worked very well for me. Always had bugs, crashes, ect, and the general lack of user-friendliness made me get pissed off every time I logged onto my computer. You might get more compatibility with software but my priority is that the OS itself works personally... Linux is pretty nice, although I agree with you that its kinda difficult to setup, however it has a lot of the same things that I liked about OSX in it. In my case I'll probably stick with Ubuntu until I setup a hackintosh.

On the subject of not needing mac hardware and the price point being irrelevant to the os. I agree completely and just want to clarify it was my intention (If I ever used mac) to make a hackintosh all along. I was simply pointing out I have a hard time using the product of a company that targets people that don't know what they are doing and willing to pay literally a 300% markup for image. It just gets under my skin. (But yea if I could actually customize things I would totally learn to live with it)