Viper Nemexis Rebuild [2008 PC] | PowerTower - IV (Finished)

This was my first fully built or, rebuilt computers by me, it was what got me into PC building.

The story:

This computer dates back (2005) MOH Alies Assault online and LAN party days, when it was built, it had the following spec list:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 HT 650 3.40Ghz

Mobo: ABIT FATAL1TY AA8XE (You can click me to get a picture of me, I'm actually pretty cool for my age)

RAM: 2GB DDR2

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT Silentpipe II 256MB

I then traded in my laptop (2012), which was superior to this, for this computer that belonged to my dad, bought from my uncle, and then I began upgrading it since it was a bluescreening mess, was overheating, drives failing, awful awful and sick to it's knees. After many, many hours of searching online for used parts, doing myself a little bit of traveling, I came up with this:

This is Viper Nemexis, Power Tower - IV (coming from the names I've given my computers, we're all 13 at some point of our lives.)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX 6700 3.45Ghz OC 1.376V (upgraded from a E2160 at 3Ghz OC)

RAM: 4x1GB Hynx DDR2 533Mhz OC 667Mhz (4GB of RAM)

Mobo: Gigabyte EP41-UD3L FSB 1333Mhz FSB

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 1GB GDDR3 750Mhz/1950Mhz

PSU: Trust 520W (idfk)

Case: MGE Viper Blue Mid Tower

Cooler: Arctic Cooling Pro Freezer 7 with screw mod (intel push pin mount sucks)

HDD: Maxtor Diamond Max 21 500GB (OS)

HDD2: Maxtor Diamond Max 11 160GB 

HDD3: WD Raptor 360 36GB 10K RPM

HDD4: Hitachi 250GB 5.4K RPM

Total build cost: 210€

Here is the video of some pan shots (bad but w/e) and some gaming performance test/pictures/whatever I can find:

(CPU-Z // GPU Caps Viewer & 3DMARK Vantage scores at 8:05, skipping for those not interested in the gaming tests)

gaming_setup__by_mikeferreira-d7d0v8u.jp

my_deskie_by_mikeferreira-d7d4tlg.png

got_extreme__by_mikeferreira-d7wq0ji.jpg

d0fdc4b2f1a4d9a7974df61b65b80c23-d5x60m6

What happened after this?

I tried upgrading my GPU to an Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti DCU II TOP, power supply couldn't handle it, sold it, got a GTX 750 Ti and it was running fine for a few more months, till I finally decided to upgrade again, to The Fox Project (build log coming soon).

It served me well, unfortunately, it was disassembled and I gave away some of the parts, sold the C2QX, and my other uncle managed to screw the pins on the board so, RIP that board. Graphics card is still working somewhere, RAM was just spread around, PSU is in my room's part shelf and the 750 Ti was installed on The Fox Project.

I don't expect much positive feedback from this because I know some elitists will look at my awful cabling and non 105+ uranium power supply with disgust, but I felt like sharing it anyway, we all deserve a chance for our first time.

I miss it when it needed TLC after a blue screen because the processor was running too hot.. Damn, I wish I still had it today, it was my first ever somewhat enthusiastic build.

Yes, I ran the thing overclocked 24/7, everything that had dials I wouldn't let go.

Since it's one of my first times posting in the forum, I'd like to know if I can post my other two build logs in new threads? I hope that's okay? Is there a limit a day or..? Help pls

If any mod has any complains, please do inform me, I am new, I am willing to correct my mistake, don't strike me pls ;_;