HALP! MSI Gaming 5 Lan/USB Problem

So this happened about 3 hours ago... I was on Youtube and every single USB ports and Lan turned off with the rest of the computer running. So my keyboard and mouse plus the internet was all down. I restarted it, and it worked in the BIOS, so I figured it was a driver issue. Uninstalled the USB 3.0 driver, and viola! My peripherals work. However, my Lan was still down. Now I uninstalled Killer Network, and tried to install it again. Problem is, now it's saying that my motherboard is NOT compatible with the software... WTF?! I've tried reinstalling Windows, but still the same problem. This is driving me NUTS! 

Anyone know what's going on here? Do I have to replace my motherboard??? I'm borderline about to get an Asus motherboard, considering I only chose the MSI for the fans. 

CPU = i5-4690k | Motherboard = MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM = G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB | GPU = EVGA GTX 980 TI

So this happened about 3 hours ago... I was on Youtube and every single USB ports and Lan turned off with the rest of the computer running. So my keyboard and mouse plus the internet was all down. I restarted it, and it worked in the BIOS, so I figured it was a driver issue. Uninstalled the USB 3.0 driver, and viola! My peripherals work. However, my Lan was still down. Now I uninstalled Killer Network, and tried to install it again. Problem is, now it's saying that my motherboard is NOT compatible with the software... WTF?! I've tried reinstalling Windows, but still the same problem. This is driving me NUTS! 

Anyone know what's going on here? Do I have to replace my motherboard??? I'm borderline about to get an Asus motherboard, considering I only chose the MSI for the fans. 

just

asus motherboard

always asus motherboard

just

asus motherboard

always asus motherboard

Until the terrible customer service bites you in the Ass and you're left with a dead mobo in one hand, and cash to fork over in the other.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Until the terrible customer service bites you in the Ass and you're left with a dead mobo in one hand, and cash to fork over in the other.

other than the failure rates lower than any other motherboard, the customer service that isnt bad, and the fact i still use a motherboard that ale got poured over 2 years ago

other than the failure rates lower than any other motherboard, the customer service that isnt bad, and the fact i still use a motherboard that ale got poured over 2 years ago

Inb4 just about any motherboard could survive the ale, seeing as there is litteraly zero way a mobo manufacturer can protect against something like that. It's pure luck that it survived and nothing else. Asus support is nowhere near the quality it can, or should be.

- Gigabyte 2.51% (against 2.02%)

- MSI 2.65% (against 2.60%)

- ASUS 2.86% (against 2.31%)

- ASRock 2.99% (against 2.27%)

Doesn't seem like Asus is rocking the lowest. Lucky people with gigabyte boards not having to deal with almost complete lack of support, lol.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Have you tried using the disc that came with the mobo for the network drivers? or try get an older version from the manufacturer website!

Where did you get the drivers from?

Try taking them from MSI site with your MB

This is the Z97 gaming 5

http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/Z97-GAMING-5.html#support_download

Have you tried using the disc that came with the mobo for the network drivers? or try get an older version from the manufacturer website!

http://www.msi.com/page/Live-Update-5-Manual

Try to use MSI Liveupdate to use the correct driver. Have you tryied to reset your bios?

I've flashed the BIOS multiple times already... No luck.

The drivers were directly from MSI's website. I've also tried multiple versions. No luck.

The CD doesn't even show the option to install Killer Network anymore. It gave me this option when I first set up my motherboard, strange....

I'm at a loss here guys... I can't think of anything else... I'm beginning to think the ethernet port or just the whole IO is fried or something. Thing is, all my other hardware is fine. There aren't any burn marks or anything on the motherboard. 

CPU = i5-4690k | Motherboard = MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM = G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB | GPU = EVGA GTX 980 TI

I've flashed the BIOS multiple times already... No luck.

The drivers were directly from MSI's website. I've also tried multiple versions. No luck.

The CD doesn't even show the option to install Killer Network anymore. It gave me this option when I first set up my motherboard, strange....

I'm at a loss here guys... I can't think of anything else... I'm beginning to think the ethernet port or just the whole IO is fried or something. Thing is, all my other hardware is fine. There aren't any burn marks or anything on the motherboard. 

Have you tried connecting a phone with the charger or something? Check if every port (Usb) delivers power?

Have you tried connecting a phone with the charger or something? Check if every port (Usb) delivers power?

Also, whats your specs and OS?

Specs:

i5 4690k

GTX 980 ti

16gb RAM

MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard

750w 80+ Gold PSU

I tried every device I had that connects via USB. The front USBs don't work either. It's like the whole motherboard's USB controller and LAN just died. 

Now.... Here's the thing.....

I have the Fractal Design R5 case. This case had a little door that opens up the front of the case revealing drive cages and fan filters. While putting the driver CD in and out of my computer, I closed the little door a bit hard that it slammed into the case. My computer then shut down and restarted by itself. Then... Well... The LAN works again... Same with the USB 3.0. WTF?! Anyways, the motherboard works like before again. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but I'm not going to complain. I guess the old school way of beating your hardware to make them work again really does work. :/

Specs:

i5 4690k

GTX 980 ti

16gb RAM

MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard

750w 80+ Gold PSU

I tried every device I had that connects via USB. The front USBs don't work either. It's like the whole motherboard's USB controller and LAN just died. 

Now.... Here's the thing.....

I have the Fractal Design R5 case. This case had a little door that opens up the front of the case revealing drive cages and fan filters. While putting the driver CD in and out of my computer, I closed the little door a bit hard that it slammed into the case. My computer then shut down and restarted by itself. Then... Well... The LAN works again... Same with the USB 3.0. WTF?! Anyways, the motherboard works like before again. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but I'm not going to complain. I guess the old school way of beating your hardware to make them work again really does work. :/

Well that sure does sound interesting. Glad it worked again.