Headset advice

Swiebertjeee
Go to solution Solved by weez,

• Asus Strix Pro
  • HyperX Cloud II
  • Steel Series V3

Which one should I take and why?

Can the Cloud 1 be an option? If so I would get that. If not then I would get the Cloud II then the SteelSeries V3. Reason, reviews have been very good for the Clouds (both 1 and 2) and it comes with velour earpads. Im not a fan of leatherette. 

If you want more reasons then do a search for Hyper X Cloud in the search bar :)

I need to get another set of headphones since my friends cat ate the cable of mine.  I was using steel series v3 at the time and it was okay for me mostly playing cs:go and new single player shooters. 

I was thinking one of these 3 headsets: 

• Asus Strix Pro
  • HyperX Cloud II
  • Steel Series V3

Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Cloud II is really good for its price, have one, comfortable, good quality aluminium frame, comes with 7.1 surround sound adapter, good sound

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Cloud II is really good for its price, have one, comfortable, good quality aluminium frame, comes with 7.1 surround sound adapter, good sound

-1 point from me tho because it's ugly.

-1 point from me tho because it's ugly.

I thought it looked minimalistic and robust

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

• Asus Strix Pro
  • HyperX Cloud II
  • Steel Series V3

Can the Cloud 1 be an option? If so I would get that. If not then I would get the Cloud II then the SteelSeries V3. Reason, reviews have been very good for the Clouds (both 1 and 2) and it comes with velour earpads. Im not a fan of leatherette. 

If you want more reasons then do a search for Hyper X Cloud in the search bar :)

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

but why cloud 1 ? I would assume Cloud 2 would be better because it is 2 , I mean like 2 times better.

but why cloud 1 ? I would assume Cloud 2 would be better because it is 2 , I mean like 2 times better.

The headphones are the same. The mic has apparently been upgraded a little (but lets be honest, its not really noticeable). The Cloud 2 has a usb dongle that imo isnt worth the extra cash over the Cloud I. Thats about it. Here in the US the Cloud I is about $31 less then the Cloud II. I would much rather save the $31. But Im not sure about prices where you live :)

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

I subscribe what Weez wrote. 
(I admit have not try`d the new headphones from HyperX Cloud II) 
I have HyperX Cloud I, and I can say it is awesome. I like the way it sound, I am more in to bass. it has a Y splitter, you can use it with your mobile devices. 

The headphones are the same. The mic has apparently been upgraded a little (but lets be honest, its not really noticeable). The Cloud 2 has a usb dongle that imo isnt worth the extra cash over the Cloud I. Thats about it. Here in the US the Cloud I is about $31 less then the Cloud II. I would much rather save the $31. But Im not sure about prices where you live :)

the version 2 is 100 euros and the first version 75 euros but wouldnt be the 7.1 dongle be very handy in games like counter strike to hear the footsteps? 

the version 2 is 100 euros and the first version 75 euros but wouldnt be the 7.1 dongle be very handy in games like counter strike to hear the footsteps? 

You can get 7.1 using software like Razer Surround and its free. But imo, stereo is better for competitive gaming. The dongle isnt worth 25 Euros, imo

You can get 7.1 using software like Razer Surround and its free. But imo, stereo is better for competitive gaming. The dongle isnt worth 25 Euros, imo

Thanks for the advice appreciate it.