Kingston HyperX Cloud II VS Logitech G430

raladin3D

Hey guys,

to start of, I am a gamer who loves to be emerged in a game and by that I mean that I either play a game at Ultra settings with anti Aliasing or not bother playing it at all until I upgrade my specs.

Anywho, I noticed that my sound system (2.1 speakers) are not doing the "perfect" job and thus when I was doing research most youtubers suggested to go with headphones for a better experience over 2.1 or 5.1 speakers.

My past experience with headphones was Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones which I hated since the volume seamed to stay low at max and everyone in the room next to me would hear what I was listening to (yikes).

To summarize I need your help on deciding, is the HyperX II a much better option than the G430? There is a good deal on both of them with G430 sitting at 40 CAD (30 $) vs 95 CAD (70 $) for the HyperX II So should I go with the HyperX II? is it worth the 55 cad more?

my ears usually get moist under the old headphones and I like something comfy, I really like the colors and ergonomics on the G430 but I am willing to sacrifice looks for a better quality.

The HyperX Cloud 1 (same as the 2, minus the virtual 7.1) is pretty universally considered the best gaming headset without paying absurd amounts of money, which i personally can agree with.

On the other hand, the G430 is a pretty cheaply made headset that i've heard alot of horror stories about.

I think it's no contest.

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

I have the HyperX Cloud 2's, and I personally love them. Comfortable, detachable mic, variety of color combos, really good sound quality, noise cancelling......

PC Specs: 
CPU: i7-5930K | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Memory: HyperX Fury Black 16GB | Storage: SeaGate 2TB & SanDisk 120GB SSD | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold Cert | Monitors: (x2) Acer S220HQL | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB |

Ok done, canceled my first item and ordered the HyperX Cloud.

thanks guys

Maybe I am late with my opinion about HyperX Cloud, I have the first generation, and I do not regret it.
It is awesome :D You can change your earcups, real leather or as they call them velour. I have tryd both of them. Form me the velour cups are the best :D.