Consumer level KVM units?

Hey, dunno if this is the right thread to post this but it seemed the closest to what I require.

I am planning on moving my PC to my spare room to give me more space in my bedroom and reduce the noise levels when I'm gaming.

I have been looking at consumer grade KVM units which outputs HDMI (1080p scrub because I can't afford a 4k monitor

I don't know about possible KVMs, but how big is your system that moving it to a different room will open up a lot more space? Also, in terms of noise levels, I'm guessing you're running air cooling? If so, what is the current configuration? It's possible you could reduce the noise by changing your cooling configuration and it would cost much less than 1G.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I don't know about possible KVMs, but how big is your system that moving it to a different room will open up a lot more space? Also, in terms of noise levels, I'm guessing you're running air cooling? If so, what is the current configuration? It's possible you could reduce the noise by changing your cooling configuration and it would cost much less than 1G.

I have my computer on a separate desk in my room so moving frees up a lot of room and will allow me to fit a bigger TV in my room.

I have cooling configured but when I'm gaming the fans crank up which cause more noise.

I have my computer on a separate desk in my room so moving frees up a lot of room and will allow me to fit a bigger TV in my room.

I have cooling configured but when I'm gaming the fans crank up which cause more noise.

What I mean is: Are you using a stock CPU cooler? How many case fans do you have and what kind are they? What kind of GC do you have and is it a blower style card? (I don't really know Nvidia cards that well) Have you tried setting up a custom fan curve with the UEFI/software? Often the stock fan curve has the fans go from ~40% to 90-100% without steps in between.

If you're 100% set on using a KVM, hopefully someone can recommend one. Otherwise I would suggest just finding a better location for your tower in your room and working on fine tuning your cooling solution.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Hey, dunno if this is the right thread to post this but it seemed the closest to what I require.

I am planning on moving my PC to my spare room to give me more space in my bedroom and reduce the noise levels when I'm gaming.

I have been looking at consumer grade KVM units which outputs HDMI (1080p scrub because I can't afford a 4k monitor ), USB (preferably 3.0 but I can live with 2.0) and microphone support over a CAT6e cable. The trouble I'm having is finding a unit with all 3 features that doesn't cost over £1,000.

Does anyone know of any consumer level KVM units which support all 3 over CAT6e ?

HDMI appears to be why you are having so much issue with expenses, since the work world still used DVI. If you could I would recommend getting a KVM with USB and Audio, but get one with DVI and just get a DVI to HDMI adapter. Since DVI is digital, there are no issues with scaling like you would see in converting an analog signal.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 XX Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Killer XX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory XX GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II XX Case: Phanteks Evolve ATX XX Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD ; Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD; Western Digital Caviar Blue 3TB HDD XX PSU: Thermaltake SMART 550W 80+ Bronze