can i get 2560x1080 using a dvi-d to hdmi adapter?

manuel3000

Hello, this is my first time on this forum, big fan of linus, sorry for my english since it's not my native tongue.

I'm intersted in buying a monitor, the LG 25UM57-P, but it only has 2 hdmi ports. I have an amd a6-5800k APU with a a88xm-a motherboard from ASUS, if I red correctly the manual from the motherboard, the hdmi port from my motherboard only supports up to 1920x1080, however it has a dual-link DVI-D port that supports up to 2560x1600 resolution, my quesion is this: if i buy a DVI-D to HDMI adapter will i be able to use the monitor in its native resolution (2560x1080). I really don't want to buy a graphics card, or at least not an expensive one, i'm not intersted in games just for working and multimedia. Thanks in advance.

Hello, this is my first time on this forum, big fan of linus, sorry for my english since it's not my native tongue.

I'm intersted in buying a monitor, the LG 25UM57-P, but it only has 2 hdmi ports. I have an amd a6-5800k APU with a a88xm-a motherboard from ASUS, if I red correctly the manual from the motherboard, the hdmi port from my motherboard only supports up to 1920x1080, however it has a dual-link DVI-D port that supports up to 2560x1600 resolution, my quesion is this: if i buy a DVI-D to HDMI adapter will i be able to use the monitor in its native resolution (2560x1080). I really don't want to buy a graphics card, or at least not an expensive one, i'm not intersted in games just for working and multimedia. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it should work fine. HDMI can support 2560x1080 no problem.

Thanks for the reply, i'll buy the monitor and the adapter, i'll will let you know how it goes, thanks.