Is my SSD broken?

ContemplatingBeluga

I have an Adata SP900 64GB SSD I bought about 2 years ago. I could not detect it in my PC and I cannot format it in disk manager either as it is apparently an active partition. It all began when I tried to install AMD's new drivers which quite frankly ruined my PC. I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD and it kept getting stuck through the process. I am now running Windows 8.1 on my HDD.

Have you checked it with something like Crystal Disk Info?

Also, this statement:

could not detect it in my PC and I cannot format it in disk manager either as it is apparently an active partition.

seems to be a contradiction.  Either it is not working, or it is working and you cannot format it because that is currently C: in Windows...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Have you checked it with something like Crystal Disk Info?

Also, this statement:

seems to be a contradiction.  Either it is not working, or it is working and you cannot format it because that is currently C: in Windows...

That was precisely what left be confused. Anyways, I have managed to fix it by simply reinstalling Windows 10 on my SSD for the third time. However, it seems like I can't install AMD drivers AT ALL. My PC just freezes during the process. I sure hope NVIDIA doesn't have such issues with their drivers.

That was precisely what left be confused. Anyways, I have managed to fix it by simply reinstalling Windows 10 on my SSD for the third time. However, it seems like I can't install AMD drivers AT ALL. My PC just freezes during the process. I sure hope NVIDIA doesn't have such issues with their drivers.

Been using nvidia for 13 years now without a single hiccup, but everyone's experience is different.  I'm trying to resist the urge to say "that's what you get with AMD" because I know full well some people have had very good experiences with them too and mine has just been bad.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Been using nvidia for 13 years now without a single hiccup, but everyone's experience is different.  I'm trying to resist the urge to say "that's what you get with AMD" because I know full well some people have had very good experiences with them too and mine has just been bad.

Well, I won't be going with AMD any more for sure. I can't quite afford a new card anytime soon so I'll have to keep trying to install their older drivers. Any idea on how to get them installed? I had 15.7 previously running on my system. Tried to update to the Crimson drivers and ended up with corrupted system files :/

Well, I won't be going with AMD any more for sure. I can't quite afford a new card anytime soon so I'll have to keep trying to install their older drivers. Any idea on how to get them installed? I had 15.7 previously running on my system. Tried to update to the Crimson drivers and ended up with corrupted system files :/

I cannot help with that whatsoever unfortunately :(