Computer restarts after starting boot process

iHardware Shelden
Go to solution Solved by Jack02,

Hmm ok that's what I was thinking, luckily it's not a big deal if that's the case. Guess I'll do it when I get home.

Sorry for late response but glad to help. Doing the install is definitely worth it.

So my computer is getting on my nerves now O_o basically what it is doing is after existing the BIOS it will attempt to boot off of my SSD and crash/restart. I have literally done everything I can think of so hopefully someone here has had this problem or knows what to do. Specs of system are in my profile. Also it does the same thing when booting from a flash drive.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I struggled with this problem for months. It fixed itself over time but then it came back.

I found the best way was to do a clean install of Windows. You might be hesitant, but it works.

I struggled with this problem for months. It fixed itself over time but then it came back.

I found the best way was to do a clean install of Windows. You might be hesitant, but it works.

Hmm ok that's what I was thinking, luckily it's not a big deal if that's the case. Guess I'll do it when I get home.

Sorry for late response but glad to help. Doing the install is definitely worth it.

Turned out to be the sound card being plugged into a different PCI slot.... what the hell  :angry: Thanks for the help though :D