Phanteks Enthoo Pro front fan setup as intake

Knusperfisch

Hey guys.

I noticed that the chip of my 980 Ti gets kinda hot and the heat sits between the chip and the heatsink of my NH-D15. Atm I'm using the 200mm fan provided with the case. Should I buy something else, like 2x 140mm fans as a front intake to keep the chip cooler? 

Need some input from you guys:)

How hot?, as long as it's less than 80°C that's fine

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

First off, you mean 2x 140mm fans, right? Unless you're willing to take out (or already have taken out) the PSU shroud and put the 3rd 140mm fan on the floor.

Second, do you have your hard drive cages on? Like, both of them? If not, why not put one or two 120mm fans on the hard drive cages? 

How hot?, as long as it's less than 80°C that's fine

66°C in Fallout 4 , all maxed out. It ran cooler though when the stock intel cooler was installed.

Edit: 72°C at the moment. With the side panel open.

First off, you mean 2x 140mm fans, right? Unless you're willing to take out (or already have taken out) the PSU shroud and put the 3rd 140mm fan on the floor.

Second, do you have your hard drive cages on? Like, both of them? If not, why not put one or two 120mm fans on the hard drive cages? 

I only got the top hard drive cage installed since I'm only running 2 hard drives. My SSD sits behind the motherboard. Yeah, 2x 140mm. Will correct it. Thanks :)

I only got the top hard drive cage installed since I'm only running 2 hard drives. My SSD sits behind the motherboard. Yeah, 2x 140mm. Will correct it. Thanks :)

Well, this might be somewhat of a guess, but do you have the hard drives on the lower cage? Cuz, if I remember correctly, HDD's emit some heat (not sure if the heat it emits is significant, but hey... it heats up too), and maybe the 120mm wouldn't be pulling the heat that the HDD's emit... if you have the HDD's on the upper cage.

But if the HDD's you have are on the lower cage and its still hot for you, investing in two 140mm fans would help.