Water cooling help... PLEASE

zkwhite20

So here's my issue, I set up a water cooling loop for the first time, bled the loop, checked for leaks, all good. Went to plug everything in, turned on the PSU and it immediately tried to turn on without me pushing the powe button. It shut down then seconds later. So I pulled everything apart and checked components one by one. Everything looked good, but the loop back together and it started normally. Went to plug in my second monitor and it immediately shut down again. Now it's back to trying to start without me actually turning it on and then shuts down again immediately. I have torn this thing apart another three times trying to troubleshot and solve this but I am having zero luck. Any words of advice?

(Update)

System Specs:

Enthoo Primo Case

4790K CPU

XFX Radeon R9 290 Black Edition in Crossfire

Asus Sabertooth Mark S Motherboard

16 GB (4x4) HyperX Core Series White Ram

4x OCZ 256 GB SSD in raid 0

1x Intel 256 GB SSD for boot drive

EVGA Supernova G2 1300 watt PSU

Soundblaster ZXR

Windows 10

Loop Specs:

XSPC Raystorm CPU block

XSPC Razer 290 GPU blocks with backplate

Swiftech MCP-35X pump

XSPC Photon 170 Res

Monsoon 1/2x3/4 fittings

Mayhems Pastel Coolant

2x XSPC AX360 radiators

6x Corsair SP120 high performances fans

So here's my issue, I set up a water cooling loop for the first time, bled the loop, checked for leaks, all good. Went to plug everything in, turned on the PSU and it immediately tried to turn on without me pushing the powe button. It shut down then seconds later. So I pulled everything apart and checked components one by one. Everything looked good, but the loop back together and it started normally. Went to plug in my second monitor and it immediately shut down again. Now it's back to trying to start without me actually turning it on and then shuts down again immediately. I have torn this thing apart another three times trying to troubleshot and solve this but I am having zero luck. Any words of advice?

That sounds like a GPU issue since plugging a second monitor in shuts it off. What's your GPU?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

What is watercooled, CPU, GPU, RAM, MB.... if you built the loop yourself ?

Are you using AIO coolers ?

Did it work when it was air cooled / stock ?

Did you jump the PSU to bleed the sys ?

It can be perfectly normal behaviour for a sys to power cycle a few times when the PSU is plugged in.

Basically we are trying to narrow down what may be causing any issues, more info is a good start.

That sounds like a GPU issue since plugging a second monitor in shuts it off. What's your GPU?

I have Radeon r9 290 in crossfire

I would also recommend using a completely separate PSU if you have one available

I have one available to try, but i don't know if it would have enough power for the whole system

I have Radeon r9 290 in crossfire

Remove a card and try it.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

What is watercooled, CPU, GPU, RAM, MB.... if you built the loop yourself ?

Are you using AIO coolers ?

Did it work when it was air cooled / stock ?

Did you jump the PSU to bleed the sys ?

It can be perfectly normal behaviour for a sys to power cycle a few times when the PSU is plugged in.

Basically we are trying to narrow down what may be causing any issues, more info is a good start.

Have two gpus and a cup being water cooled. Fully custom loop, no AIO cooling. Stock worked just fine, no issues and I jumped the PSU and let the loop run for a day when I did it the first time. The weird part for me is that it tries to power on without me actually turning it on.

Have two gpus and a cup being water cooled. Fully custom loop, no AIO cooling. Stock worked just fine, no issues and I jumped the PSU and let the loop run for a day when I did it the first time. The weird part for me is that it tries to power on without me actually turning it on.

It is not unusual for a power up upon plugging in a power cord in, a power cycle out of that should be triggered by something.

One would suggest checking the event logs to see what is triggering the boot, NIC etc.

It is not unusual for a power up upon plugging in a power cord in, a power cycle out of that should be triggered by something.

One would suggest checking the event logs to see what is triggering the boot, NIC etc.

How do i check those logs?

I would say it's a power short.

Try another PSU. A jump test only sees if the PSU turns on, not if it's faulty.

Also check your case. Is it grounded properly?

It's not a race to the bottom.

I don't think its the case since i have tried the system in two cases and I have the same issue in both.

I don't think its the case since i have tried the system in two cases and I have the same issue in both.

Then it's something else on the system.

It's my only best guess that it's a short of some sort.

PSU was swapped entirely. No POST. GPU was swapped, no POST. I'm at my wits end with this thing. It's been two months since I had a working computer. I have tried to troubleshoot everything I know how to do. Any other ideas?

I will give that a shot after work tonight, thank you.

Additionally, is there ANY explanation for why it tries to power on before I even touch the power button?

Additionally, is there ANY explanation for why it tries to power on before I even touch the power button?

That is one of the reasons why I thought of a power short. It's a symptom of a short.

However it could also point to a faulty motherboard. RMA or replace the motherboard.