What is this cable called?

I recently have had to buy a new mouse because my old one became destroyed. However today I realised by opening the mouse, that I could just replace the cable to make it work again. Does anyone know the name of the cable that has a USB connector on one side and a 5 pin connector on the other. 

post-36634-0-61362300-1376232727.jpg

post-36634-0-50288700-1376232728.jpg

I don't know exact name, but it should be USB cable anyway (because it is that).

I doubt there is new one to buy (i don't think they produce them separately).

Anyways, you don't need to buy new one, you can repair current one without problem. All you need to do is to find out where the contact is lost, cut the cable there (usually it is just one wire if not contact on jack), remove that whole part maybe (few cm, inch etc.), reconnect, isolate and secure, mask it (for aesthetic reasons) and you are good to go.

All you need is way to measure resistance (every digital voltmeter can do it, just set it to Ohms), then, if cable is good, resistance is usually read as 0. You need isolator (type of tape for isolation), and maybe you can do sleeving for that part where you fixed it.

But, don't take my word, maybe there is actual cable to buy (i doubt).

http://www.startech.com/

Look on Startech website...I work at Amazon and I see a lot of cables from Startech.  Their motto is "Hard to find made easy".  They make cables for a ton of different devices.

The reason I want to know the name is so I can buy a few for spares. I also live in England so I wouldn't be buying from startech. 

The closest that I found was this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-EXUSBIE-40-Internal-External-Cable/dp/B003BCDYI4/ref=pd_bxgy_computers_img_y

or this: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/60cm-akasa-usb-20-cable-header-(female)-to-type-a-(female)-cable-ideal-for-motherboards (You would need a usb to usb cable in order to use it)

Not sure if the pins are on the mouse or on the cable.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It's an internal usb header to usb. pretty handy for some things. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!