Mechanical Keyboard suggestions

Cosmos_i7

After watching many videos on YouTube I have decided I would like to purchase a mechanical keyboard. However there are so many to choose from that I am quite confused on which one to get. I also have a few criteria that it needs to meet.

I am a Mac user so the keyboard would be preferable to be made for mac or have software compatible with mac. Most Windows keyboards work with Mac anyway.

I will be using the keyboard primarily for typing and very occasional gaming, although this is not an issue as it is not the primary function.

Backlight will be preferable if possible.

Have functions similar to the apple keyboard such as volume up or down, not essential though.

Also I would like to know which key cap you would recommend, not too sure at the moment about which ones to get.

Currently I have been looking at the Logitech G710+, Cooler Master CM storm quickfire TK, and Razer BlackWidow Ultimate.

I am leaning towards the Razer because of the Mac support but not fully decided yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

The g710+ is great ....

I`ve tested it in a local store

The G710+ is probably your best bet. Another one to look at would be the DasKeyboard. It isn't backlit, but it does have nice media controls and looks nice.

The only issue I have with the G710+ is software, it looks like there is no mac software, the keyboard will work just fine but I won't be able to configure things such as macro keys, I have a g700 mouse which i configured on a windows machine because of the onboard memory, but I don't think the G710+ has the same feature. I do indeed like the G710+ but unsure whether to get it due to the software. Also I am starting to lean towards brown switches if that helps to narrow the choices.

Razer do have full Mac support which is a nice selling point for me.

But I guess no macros isnt such a bad thing, as i have macros on my mouse.

Also another issue is it needs to be of UK layout and can be purchases in the UK.

The black widow is a nice choice aswell, as for what switch to use; what type of typist are you? Heavy? Light? The reason i ask is because Cherry MX Blues are very similar to Browns, just more clicky, and louder. If you're a heavy typist, you likely would bottom out the browns, producing a click similar to the blues. Does the sound matter to you?

Currently using the Apple keyboard and when typing on other computers people have said to me that I type really loudly and heavily, so I would say I'm more of a heavy typer. Sound matters in a way, I feel like the click is more annoying than the clunk of the browns. Although I have never really used them in person. So it may not be much of an issue, and as I wear closed back headphones most of the time I probably won't notice. But yes I would say I'm more of a heavy typer.

Ok after looking at many reviews I've pretty much decided on the Razer one due to the support and I really like the green backlight as opposed to the white one on the Logitech. The only issue I have with the Razer is that it only comes in a US layout, however I can live with this as I also use a laptop with a US layout so it shouldn't be too difficult to switch from.

The problems I had with the logitech is that the white backlight in my opinion did not look as nice as the green on the Razer, my favourite colour is green so that's an added bonus. Also the lack of Mac support really through me off that keyboard, looking at some reviews it also seems that the it is expensive and build quality isn't up to the price.

However I still cannot decide between the blue key switch or the brown key switch, after listening to them in various videos it doesn't seem so annoying after all. Especially since I will be wearing headphones most of the time.

I need some advice on which key switch to choose with the Blackwidow.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just found out that the Razer does indeed come with a UK layout, so I'm sorted for the keyboard just the key switch to decide on now.