Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 ISO

nims0c

I purchased a Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 key from reddit. The ISO is downloading pretty slowly (<500 KB/s). Does anyone have a better link to download it? The file name seems to be "en_windows_7_home_basic_with_sp1_x86_dvd_u_676470.iso" just fyi.

(I will be upgrading to Windows 10 ASAP.)

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Isn't Home Basic an OEM OS and you cannot buy a physical copy.

You may have issues, It probably came off a laptop.

Isn't Home Basic an OEM OS and you cannot buy a physical copy.

You may have issues, It probably came off a laptop.

Why are you getting a 32-bit os with a 4690k?

I didn't realize it was an OEM OS or that it was 32-bit. I was going to upgrade to Windows 10 anyway and I assumed I could choose 64-bit.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

I didn't realize it was an OEM OS or that it was 32-bit. I was going to upgrade to Windows 10 anyway and I assumed I could choose 64-bit.

I'd say go 64 bit throughout the whole process. It should your life easier

I'd say go 64 bit throughout the whole process. It should your life easier

I don't think there is a Home Basic 64-bit download. But I'm going to clean install Windows 10 64-bit so that shouldn't really be a problem, no?

I don't think there is a Home Basic 64-bit download. But I going to clean install Windows 10 64-bit so that shouldn't really be a problem, no?

Through Microsoft's download tool or through the launcher in the taskbar? Not sure about the download tool but the taskbar icon will autodetect which version you're running and download the same version

Through Microsoft's download tool or through the launcher in the taskbar? Not sure about the download tool but the taskbar icon will autodetect which version you're running and download the same version

I'd do the upgrade via the taskbar first, obviously, but then I'll download the Windows 10 64-bit ISO and install that.

I managed to install and activate Windows 7 Home Basic by downloading a Windows 7 Ultimate ISO from somewhere else and deleting ei.cfg to allow me to select any version during installation.

Now I'm trying to update Windows so I can get the Get Windows 10 app. Windows Update has been checking for updates for at least 30 minutes now. Is this normal?  -_-