GCSE results day tomorrow!

asim1999

Anyone getting their results tomorrow? I will update everyone tomorrow.

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

ahh i remember gcse. The most pointless shit ever. I quickly learnt this after getting straight As. A-levels will fuck you up. Be ready. Be prepared. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Is this a British thing?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Pls don't remind me...

Good Luck to all. Starting my Welsh GCSEs this year and also picking my options for year 10+11. I've heard that A-levels are insanely difficult compared to GCSEs as well :(

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Is this a British thing?

yes and i shit you not. I was drinking tea when i opened up my letter. When to school to go get the results, ran home, brewed some ea, opened it. got happy, straight As.

Went college, failed every subject. gg

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Is this a British thing?

Yep, 15-16 year old exams

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Pls don't remind me...

In less than 24 hours you will either be over the moon or in hell, so it is best to be prepared 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Good Luck to all. Starting my Welsh GCSEs this year and also picking my options for year 10+11. I've heard that A-levels are insanely difficult compared to GCSEs as well :(

Yes, but you only have 1/3 of the subjects 

In less than 24 hours you will either be over the moon or in hell, so it is best to be prepared 

To be fair, they literally mean nothing to me. Even if I fail terribly, Ive still got a place in 6th form. Its nice if I did well. If not, whatever :P

Gcse is about learning a formula seeing a question and using said formula.

A-level is about learning more formulas normally with four to five parts, realising that you have to reverse or manipulate said formula at certain intervals to get an answer. 

This is generally how it is in the core subjects like maths, science, computing etc.

Listen if you care.

To be fair, they literally mean nothing to me. Even if I fail terribly, Ive still got a place in 6th form. Its nice if I did well. If not, whatever :P

Well i dont if i screw up on the grades for the subjects that i am doing at A-level (Physics, History, Maths and Chemsitry). Not too worried about Science and History, and already got an A in Maths.

I have Asian parents so my life sucks right now 

Yes, but you only have 1/3 of the subjects 

only..............ONLY. 

Dude you do not understand how much the work load increases. You think you remotely enjoy a subject, you dont you fucking hate it. In the two colleges ive been at each for a year now its become year that each subject as about as much homework and general revision as 3 to 4 GCSE subjects. Its common for a student to panick because they dont know where they have to put the time into. 

Listen if you care.

Well i dont if i screw up on the grades for the subjects that i am doing at A-level (Physics, History, Maths and Chemsitry). Not too worried about Science and History, and already got an A in Maths.

Ah, that sucks ;)

I go to an IB school, so GCSEs are completely unrelated to what I'm doing for the next two years

I beg of you please dont do history at A-level. The work load is insane, you are doing a similar roster of subjects to what i did when i failed everything. Basically you have gone for the hard choice and well im not messing around math and chemistry(mainly math) are fucking hard but then physics, oh boy it gives you nightmares. Understand that you are taking a massive workload on. Seriously, its recommended you take at least 12hours of revision each week for each of these subjects and thats standard thats not during exams.

Listen if you care.

Yes, I hope that y'all got the results you need to go on to the next stage in your life.

I personally did not revise for mine (like max 5 mins total for Maths) and got 10 B grades, 1 A and 2 Cs.

If you revised properly though and had good teachers, you should've done well and got what you expected. Also, A-Levels are the ones that matter so ready yourselves.

Ahh...remember when GCSEs were useful?

............No, me neither.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Well i am in college and I did my Maths GCSE only this year and I hope to get something good, coz if not I will be dead my family will kill me.

I beg of you please dont do history at A-level. The work load is insane, you are doing a similar roster of subjects to what i did when i failed everything. Basically you have gone for the hard choice and well im not messing around math and chemistry(mainly math) are fucking hard but then physics, oh boy it gives you nightmares. Understand that you are taking a massive workload on. Seriously, its recommended you take at least 12hours of revision each week for each of these subjects and thats standard thats not during exams.

I do History at A level and the workload isn't that bad for me

Physics, Chemistry and Maths are insanely hard at a level.

I do History at A level and the workload isn't that bad for me

Physics, Chemistry and Maths are insanely hard at a level.

what topics did they make you do, i had to do henry viii and tsarist russia, there was so much shit to remember

Listen if you care.

Update: 1A*, 7As, 2Bs and 2 Cs

I did tsarist russia to soviet union and experience of warfare in britain which covered three wars.

i think the issue i had was we had to learn about christanity for the henry viii stuff, to a hindu thats like being told use arrow keys instead of wasd. tsarist russia wasnt bad but a 24 mark question on henry viii is likely what destroyed by grades.

Listen if you care.