Windows 7 corrupt prebuilt OS

CM7

My families HP with Windows 7 got corrupt a while back. So as a quick solution I just used a different drive and put Linux temporarily. Now that Windows 10 has released, I want to fix and upgrade to Windows 10.

Since it was a prebuilt I was able to get my hands on the ISO and made a bootable USB to try and repair the install after I switched the drives. But after I completed the repair it still doesn't boot after the Windows screen. I will try the same way again tomorrow.

But if it comes to it am I able to just do a clean install using the key that's on the side of my computer. Since its probably OEM, I know it should be tied to the motherboard. So I am just double checking if it's possible to do it without calling Microsoft.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m