Help with checking s3 battery

TheGeeker

I took out my volts meter and put it on the battery. It says 3.5 and the battery is 3.8 volts. This means the battery is charged right? My phone wont turn on and wont charge. I tried holding and taking the battery out and restarting. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Can you boot into download mode (home+power+volume down) or recovery (home+power+volume up)?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Can you boot into download mode (home+power+volume down) or recovery (home+power+volume up)?

No. It vibrates and the screen does not turn on at all. If I hold it vibrates every 5 seconds. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

No. It vibrates and the screen does not turn on at all. If I hold it vibrates every 5 seconds. 

Did you attempt to flash any custom ROm's or kernels not meant for your phone?  And what carrier is your phone on?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Did you attempt to flash any custom ROm's or kernels not meant for your phone?  And what carrier is your phone on?

Its is 100% stock. Att 

Its is 100% stock. Att 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3-att/general/solution-hard-brick-fix-amazing-t2962611

Follow the steps there.  If you need a custom recovery, poke around the forums there.

I took out my volts meter and put it on the battery. It says 3.5 and the battery is 3.8 volts. This means the battery is charged right? My phone wont turn on and wont charge. I tried holding and taking the battery out and restarting. 

3.5v is what would be considered as "discharged", have you let it just sit and charge?

3.5v is what would be considered as "discharged", have you let it just sit and charge?

Yes. I think the issue might be that my micro usb on the phone is broken. I have been having issues where I need to hold it in a specific way for it to get a charge. I have 2 batteries and none of them work and none of my like 8 cables work either.