Small business wifi solution

Gladiateduke

Hey everyone,

I have a friend who would like to set up a wireless network that, as he describes, is like Starbucks and McDonalds where to gain access to the wifi, clients must first go to a  login page. The only difference being, instead of having to accept terms of service, he would like for his clients to visit/like the company's Facebook page to create more traffic. I was wondering if anyone knew of a product that could accomplish this. In the past, I have set up wireless networks with Cisco Meraki but that was for private business' where the only people accessing the wifi would be employees. From what I understand, he is willing to spend around $1500 Canadian. He already has a switch and router for all wired devices as well as a Fortinet Firewall. From what he has told me, there would be a maximum of 45 devices, give or take, connected at a time. 

Any thoughts on what product should be used and if it possible with his budjet?

Thanks for the help,

-Brad

Two words: Ubiquiti Unifi

for APs that is, for the backend, i know Cisco makes something

https://www.ubnt.com/

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Two words: Ubiquiti Unifi

for APs that is, for the backened, i know Cisco makes something

Thank you for the reply,

I am fine for the access point its self, I was actually planning on using the Ubiquity access point. The issue I am having is the actual login page thing when his clients connect.

There are many great options from companies like Linksys, Ubiquiti, and TREDNet. Here are some of my recommendations:

Linksys LAPN600

Ubiquiti UniFi AP

TREDNet N600 Dual-Band PoE AP

I have used all of these personally, and they haven't failed me, or my customers.

These all have a re-dir-until page that allows for what you are looking for. 

AND if these do not do what you are looking for, you could always flash them with Firmwares from OpenWRT or Gargoyle.

There are many great options from companies like Linksys, Ubiquiti, and TREDNet. Here are some of my recommendations:

Linksys LAPN600

Ubiquiti UniFi AP

TREDNet N600 Dual-Band PoE AP

I have used all of these personally, and they haven't failed me, or my customers.

These all have a re-dir-until page that allows for what you are looking for. 

AND if these do not do what you are looking for, you could always flash them with Firmwares from OpenWRT or Gargoyle.

Thank you very much for your help, I will look into these options and speak with him as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your help, I will look into these options and speak with him as soon as possible.

You're welcome! Always happy to help.