Need help picking out which Graphics card to choose?

virusal19

If you need help picking out what graphics card to choose, just tell me your what you budget is and what you are going to use it for below and i'll recommend some parts for you. (all parts will be chosen from NCIX, if you are not buying from them, you will need to find your own store)

.Please tell me what is your price range and tell me what you will be using it for (workstation use, 3D rendering, gaming, Editing)

Best option for about $300-$350? For general gaming and workstation projects (CAD)

here's what I got for budget and need. I got a budget of around 150$, I'm gonna use it for medium gaming and photo editing mainly. I have a 500 watt PSU with only one pci express 6 pin connector. What can I get, both AMD and Nvidia.

My advice would be don't unnecessarily overspend. I use a GTX560Ti, and that runs Cryengine 3 games at a solid 40FPS. I'd say get the best 500 series or 6000 series card you can for your budget, and avoid SLI or crossfire like the plague.

I have 23 inch led hd monitor 1920x1080 i want Gfx for Gaming and i want all Current games at Ultra settings not high end and my budget is 200 $

here's what I got for budget and need. I got a budget of around 150$, I'm gonna use it for medium gaming and photo editing mainly. I have a 500 watt PSU with only one pci express 6 pin connector. What can I get, both AMD and Nvidia.
if you can dish out another $50 bucks get the GTX 660 or if you can dish out another $100 get the 7870. I would tr y not to go any lower than those two cards. I hope this helps!

- virusal19

I have 23 inch led hd monitor 1920x1080 i want Gfx for Gaming and i want all Current games at Ultra settings not high end and my budget is 200 $
Hi Arun46682. The GTX 660 (non-ti) should serve you well but if you want better performance dish out a few more bucks and get either the GTX 660 (ti) or the HD 7870. I hope this helps!

- virusal19

Your asking a lot for $200. For that price range you will not be able to play all current games on ultra at 1080p, some you and some you can't.

Two choices , HD 7770 130$ or GTX 650 Ti 150$ .

Both are great , a slight advantage the 7770 has is that it can run in crossfire while the 650 Ti doesn't support SLI.

You will need a better budget for that, but a great choice for your budget is the HD 7850. ( performs just as well as a GTX 570) .

Best option for about $300-$350? For general gaming and workstation projects (CAD)
If you are using Adobe Premier and that adobe stuff get the 660ti, CUDA really makes the difference in that field.

Your asking a lot for $200. For that price range you will not be able to play all current games on ultra at 1080p, some you and some you can't.
No, if you really want to play games at ultra settings with playable FPS in every current games, then your looking at a 7970.

Thanks a lot, I'm gonna go for the hd 7770. Like I said anything above that I can't due to PSU limitation (it's a 5 year old thermaltake PSU that served me well). And I can't afford to get 300$ card plus dishing out an another 100$ on a PSU right now even if I wanted to.

7970 is way out of my League !

get a asus 7850 directcu ii v2 and overclock it.

Hi I am looking for a good card for around $350 +/- 20, going to use it for gaming. Been spending all day going back and forth between ATI and nVidia. Also, I want a quite card.

Thanks

At $250, a 7870 would fit the budget nicely.

Hi I am looking for a good card for around $350 +/- 20, going to use it for gaming. Been spending all day going back and forth between ATI and nVidia. Also, I want a quite card.

Thanks

Recommend an Asus GTX 660TI DirectCU II...that cooler is damn near silent, even under load!

Thanks

660ti or 7950 both are great cards.