i7 3930k and X79 Sabertooth

Thane Knox
Go to solution Solved by Guest Philosophy,

Thanks bro i understand now . How about Cooling for 3930k ? any suggestions?

If you plan to overclock: Noctua NH-D14, Corsair HXXX Liquid Cooler (Or Any All in one liquid cooler). If you do not plan to OC it, get something like a Hyper 212 Evo. 

Hi everyone, I just bought a new CPU 3930k i'm using just a regular air aluminum fan just like intel's stock fan , but the temp is really hot though " idle is 50 ~ 55 " "loading is about 68~ 75 " , what is the best temp for 3930k and any cooling advice for 3930k? . One more question, i'm using X79 Sabertooth, i have 2 GB of ram " Kingmax DDR3 2GB 1333", but in my mainboard has 8 slots of ram and im installing only 1 slot . So if i buy 7 more ram and install right on 7 slots, so will my mainboard work? or do i have to buy another ram like " Corsair Dominator Platnium? . 

Sorry for my bad english though :P.

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Processor Ram:Kingmax 2GB DDR3/1333Mhz VGA:Asus R9 290 Direct CU II HDD:Seagate Barracuda 250GB Mainboard:Asus Sabertooth X79 TUF 

PSU:FSP SAGA 650w 

Why are you on socket 2011 with a stock fan cooler and 2gb of ram? 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Nice way to not answer the question.

@Thane Knox yes it will work if you add 7 more RAM DIMMS but it would work with 1 DIMM also just not as well as with, 4 or 8. 

Well I decided to upgrade my PC later :P

Nice way to not answer the question.

@Thane Knox yes it will work if you add 7 more RAM DIMMS but it would work with 1 DIMM also just not as well as with, 4 or 8. 

Thanks for the fast reply Philsophy, somehow i just tested  that i put 1 DIMM in another ram socket but it didn't work "no boot " so i kinda worried that will it work if i install all the ram slot with the same DIMM that i used :D here is my image :P

1492486_745830478848891_7218948642083582

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Processor Ram:Kingmax 2GB DDR3/1333Mhz VGA:Asus R9 290 Direct CU II HDD:Seagate Barracuda 250GB Mainboard:Asus Sabertooth X79 TUF 

Well I decided to upgrade my PC later :P

Thanks for the fast reply Philsophy, somehow i just tested  that i put 1 DIMM in another ram socket but it didn't work so i kinda worried that will it work if i put all the ram slot with the same DIMM that i used :D here is my image :P

-snip-

Make sure you have it in the right socket. It has to be a particular one when they are not all full. 

Make sure you have it in the right socket. It has to be a particular one when they are not all full. 

If you plan to overclock: Noctua NH-D14, Corsair HXXX Liquid Cooler (Or Any All in one liquid cooler). If you do not plan to OC it, get something like a Hyper 212 Evo.