PSU opinion

Hey there!

I'm currently looking at a new PSU and would mostly like you guys' opinion on what PSU exactly to get.

This is my setup:

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k (OC'd to 4.8Ghz)

Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport BLS2C8G4D240FSA (2 kits of 2x8, totalling 32gb)

MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme

Graphics: Gigabyte Geforce GTX Titan X (OC'd to 1.25Ghz base core)

Storage:

M.2 SSD: Samsung SM951 256GB

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB

HDD: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX, 1TB (x2)

Extra:

1 BR-RW drive

1 Asus OC panel (belongs to the MoBo)

And that built into a Corsair Obsidian 750D case.

Currently this setup is running on an OCZ ZX 1250W PSU, but this one is one of the last remnants of my previous build. And 1250W is extreme overkill for this current build :P

So now, I'm looking at a new PSU, the one I currently have in mind is the Corsair AX860.

Now, considering the following:

- I intend on purchasing another Titan X in the near future, going for SLI.

- There's the possibility of buying more HDDs as well.

- I want to overclock everything even more, and stability has to be good!

So now, I ran into 3 questions for you guys:

- How does the 860W compare to the rest of the machine? Too few? Too much?

- The corsair 750D is a fairly size-y case, and with my current PSU I'm having trouble reaching all components (cpu power for example). Does this psu (or Corsair in general) have sufficiently long cables?
- Would this be the right PSU to go with? Or should I aim for something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!
- Ikkerens

Just keep your current psu, i see no reason for you to get a new one. 860w won't be able to handle 2 titan x and 5820k oc. Going for the Ax860 is a downgrade not an upgrade

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Just keep your current psu, i see no reason for you to get a new one. 860w won't be able to handle 2 titan x and 5820k oc. Going for the Ax860 is a downgrade not an upgrade

Well, I'm running into stability issues which I believe are originating from the PSU.

Next to the fact that my cable management is an absolute disaster at the moment because I'm lacking cable length.

I was indeed not sure about the 860W, which is why I'm asking here. What would be a better target wattage according to you?

Well, I'm running into stability issues which I believe are originating from the PSU.

Next to the fact that my cable management is an absolute disaster at the moment because I'm lacking cable length.

I was indeed not sure about the 860W, which is why I'm asking here. What would be a better target wattage according to you?

A 1000w psu is what i would get.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

What kind of PSU's should I be looking for then, considering I need sufficient cable length (especially when trying to reach the cpu), and insane stability (high 80plus is a bonus, not a requirement)?
What should I be looking at? Corsair RM? Seasonic platinum?
I haven't personally experienced a wide variety of PSU's so I'm still orienting on what would work.

I'd go for an 850W/1000W PSU for SLI Titan X and that setup.

Anything like; 

-EVGA G2

-SuperFlower Leadex

-Antec HCP, HCG, anything from Delta or Seasonic OEM basically

-Seasonic, anything (can be quite expensive however)

-Any XFX PSU

-Corsair AX860 only, but this is very expensive for what it is (basically a Seasonic PSU) 

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W