Half life lag

chimmychunger

ok so a couple of days ago i bought half life one but everytime thier is more than one enamy is laggs like crazy and i dont know why is their anyway to fix it becouse after 10 minets of constant lag i ant play it anymore

Same, I cant get it to work right

Audio lags, It is about 2 min after i press a button that they work. and only occasionally will it even start.

I have found no fix as of yet. I know of a fix that works on everything ...  but steam. So ya idk Ive looked but nothing

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

What are the specs of your pc, those are the first things that you list. Then list your video card drivers, make sure you have the newest microsoft c++ and net framework installed. What os do you? How old is the hard drive? Ive fixed a number of pcs but its impossible to know if you dont list your specs.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

What are the specs of your pc, those are the first things that you list. Then list your video card drivers, make sure you have the newest microsoft c++ and net framework installed. What os do you? How old is the hard drive? Ive fixed a number of pcs but its impossible to know if you dont list your specs.

i got crappy intergrated graphics but it cant be that coz i can run half life 2 like clockwork

There are problems with some older games with 4 logical cores or more(after hyperthreading), i had a problem with fallout 3 where i had to disable some cores for it to run well. Go on google and type fallout 3 freeze and crash. You will learn some stuff but its nothing hard and then translate what you found into half life and see if its better. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i got crappy intergrated graphics but it cant be that coz i can run half life 2 like clockwork

List everything and the age of the pc.

Listen if you care.

It is a known bug not a problem with his stuff. no one has a fix but it is a bug or something.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

It is a known bug not a problem with his stuff. no one has a fix but it is a bug or something.

Thats weird or we are very very lucky. Ive run half life fine on around 10 pcs that we have had over the years and everyone of them ran half life fine. Im sure this 7870 would have like 1% usage playing it.

Listen if you care.

Try these things on order.

1. Verify your game files

2. Re-install Half-Life (it'll take like 2 minutes?)

3. Delete the "ClientRegistry.BLOB" file in your Steam directory folder

4. Re-install Steam

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Same, I cant get it to work right

Audio lags, It is about 2 min after i press a button that they work. and only occasionally will it even start.

I have found no fix as of yet. I know of a fix that works on everything ...  but steam. So ya idk Ive looked but nothing

the thing is for 1 minet it runs perfectly but then it runs like crap i dont get it