Which build is better?

Which build is better?

I am looking for your guys' opinion on these two builds I plan on making. If you guys could tell me what you think on the aesthetics, overclocking abilities, etc. I would really appreciate it. :)

R3DRUM — https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NateHartman/saved/V2ghP6

Silence of the RAM's — https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NateHartman/saved/gcjhP6

Thank you :D

isnt it obio the first build with msi is far more better

@NateHartman I would go for the 2nd one with a few changes like getting a ~800 watt psu.

The first build has an MSI ACK which is a completely unecessary of a MoBo but to each his own my friend

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Both of them are identical it just come down to color scheme

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

They are both almost the same, red is overused so I would go with the white build personally, but I would probably get better brand graphics card, also PSU is overkill, 1000W is enough for three 980s.

@NateHartman I would go for the 2nd one with a few changes like getting a ~800 watt psu.

The first build has an MSI ACK which is a completely unecessary of a MoBo but to each his own my friend

I want a motherboard like the ACK because I am doing 3x sli in the future. And as for the 1000w, I have it for the same reason you have a 1200w PSU. Overclocking is in the future for me as well.

I want a motherboard like the ACK because I am doing 3x sli in the future. And as for the 1000w, I have it for the same reason you have a 1200w PSU. Overclocking is in the future for me as well.

Most if not all x99 MoBo's can reach 3-way sli.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Most if not all x99 MoBo's can reach 3-way sli.

I also like MSI as a brand. Why do you need an overkill motherboard like yours?

I also like MSI as a brand. Why do you need an overkill motherboard like yours?

Its a gift from a dev company who outsources most of their Scripting and modelling to me they can't hire me into the company since I was still a minor at that time. And they heard I just had a 4770k so they gave me an x99 bundled gift in the holidays

Just to make sure, you know that 3-way SLI is actually worse than 2-way, right? So long as you know that, feel free to do it.

Regardless, change the PSU. 1000w is WAY overkill. 4-way 980s only consume 620w from the wall (by Linus), so I think it's pretty evident that 1000w is just pure overkill.

Get a 850w PSU instead. In fact, you could even get away with 750w, but 850w should be more than fine.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!