<$550 Productivity Build

Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

Yes good point, Xeons don't have onboard graphics, i5 it is.  Which i5 would you recommend?  Haswell or Haswell Refresh?

refresh just cuz its newer and has better paste application on the actual die

I am building a productivity PC for my local museum, and I was wondering which was better.

#One

#Two

#Three

Computer will be used for digitizing records, web development, and as a daily driver.

sold

go for an equivalent xeon

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

For what advantages?

hyper threading

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

It isn't used for lots of rendering/encoding. 

still more for the same price but I guess you will be using the igpu

still more for the same price but I guess you will be using the igpu

Yes good point, Xeons don't have onboard graphics, i5 it is.  Which i5 would you recommend?  Haswell or Haswell Refresh?

sold

Thanks.  Btw how hard is it to update a mobo bios, as I can save $25 getting an H87 Vs. an H97 board.

sold

Thanks.  Btw how hard is it to update a mobo bios, as I can save $25 getting an H87 Vs. an H97 board.

you actually have to have a compatible CPU

also look for some used builds since they can be worth 1k new but sell for 500 used

you actually have to have a compatible CPU

also look for some used builds since they can be worth 1k new but sell for 500 used

H87 and H97 are almost identical, they share the 1150 socket, and I'm not overclocking, so would the BIOS be an issue?  

Used parts or builds?  There aren't very many used parts in my area, and no used builds.

sold

H87 and H97 are almost identical, they share the 1150 socket, and I'm not overclocking, so would the BIOS be an issue?  

Used parts or builds?  There aren't very many used parts in my area, and no used builds.

parts and/or builds

you just need to have it have the latest bios otherwise nearly identical but it wont work without the bios update