Building New Computer

skaran27

You are telling him to "upgrade" from i7 4930K to i7 4790K or 5820K, are you serious??

What's wrong with i7 4930K?

That's what he wanted to do in the first place, and apparently there's something so wrong with his PC he only gets 20fps or something...seems a bit trolly.

That's what he wanted to do in the first place, and apparently there's something so wrong with his PC he only gets 20fps or something...seems a bit trolly.

Do you know what is i7 4930K? That CPU is way more powerful than i7 4790K. 

Advice other member to "upgrade" from a 6-core Ivy-bridge-E to a Haswell 4-core. Who is the trol here? Jesus Christ.

Well since he gave no budget, I just pick some parts. But maybe someone will give you a better option.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QMM3Mp

its very overkill for gaming I think, but since you upgrading from a 6 core. 

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Do you know what is i7 4930K? That CPU is way more powerful than i7 4790K. 

Advice other member to "upgrade" from a 6-core Ivy-bridge-E to a Haswell 4-core. Who is the trol here? Jesus Christ.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4930K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K

4790k destroys in single core performance to start with.

If you have a suggestion that will fix the guy's PC straight away, even when the guy wants to build a new machine all together, go ahead.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4930K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K

4790k destroys in single core performance to start with.

If you have a suggestion that will fix the guy's PC straight away, even when the guy wants to build a new machine all together, go ahead.

CPUBoss uses the stock clock to compare. In the case of 4930K, it is 3.4GHz and 4.0GHz for 4790K. When you overclock them to, say 4.6GHz, their single-core performance  are more or less the same.

4930K isn't that old. It should be covered by warranty. 

If he doesn't know how to diagnose the problem. Whether it is a bad mounting H100i that leads to high temp, or bad driver for 780Ti. He will have similar problems no matter how many new PC he is going to build.