Kingston HyperX Cloud VS Cloud II

Zackey_TNT

Simple Question really,

What is the difference between the first version and the secound? For 40$ more in newzealand that thing better have some major differences.....

USB 7.1 dac.

Not worth $40 IMHO

All it has is 7.1 (it is a gimmick, don't use it)

and different colour scheme as far as I am concerned

I have the cloud 1's and they are great

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Not worth $40 IMHO

All it has is 7.1 (it is a gimmick, don't use it)

and different colour scheme as far as I am concerned

I have the cloud 1's and they are great

I see, Considering as far as i know there are soundcards that do that i will go with the cloud 1's Great they failed us and the hype was for thing

USB 7.1 dac.

Oh really? i totally want to use USB when i payed for a high end ASUS motherboard for there sound cards that are built in great...

Oh really? i totally want to use USB when i payed for a high end ASUS motherboard for there sound cards that are built in great...

You can unplug headset from dac so you are left with 3.5mm

To be honest soundcards barely even matter unless you have enthusiast grade headphones, and the clouds, while good for the price, are most certainly not there.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

To be honest soundcards barely even matter unless you have enthusiast grade headphones, and the clouds, while good for the price, are most certainly not there.

Agreed but why use USB if my motherboard has such a great audio card

You can unplug headset from dac so you are left with 3.5mm

Useless for me i dont think i even have a 3.5mm

Useless for me i dont think i even have a 3.5mm

Your fancy motherboard has it 99.9%

Your fancy motherboard has it 99.9%

Yea i dont have it yet i plan on overhalling my computer

Agreed but why use USB if my motherboard has such a great audio card

well, it does offer some plug and play features if you don't feel like messing with the drivers every time you want to use them. But they are things like virtual 7.1, so not a big deal anyway.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just get the original. Unless you need better connectability with a PS4 or an HTPC, just don't get the 2 if you are using it on high-end motherboards.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Plenty of user reviews on YouTube for both versions. Watch the videos and make up your own mind about what one is best for you. And if the changes they made for the Cloud 2 is worth the price difference for you.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3