Is this to be expected?

FYI, this is in general discussion because it is dealing with my entire computer.  If need be, please move this to the appropriate section, mods.  Thanks!

Anyways, I usually keep my computer on, putting it to sleep when I don't use it and waking it ever so often.  I use it much more during the weekends but during school it's usually just sitting there in sleep mode.  ANYWAYS I shut it off every week or so, and I have noticed that fairly often, when I shut it off, it has a hissy-fit.  It will usually take a while until I can hear my hard drives spin down, then before the fans ramp all the way down, the computer will appear to turn itself on again, but with just black on the screen (like, it's getting a signal, but there's no image or anything).  Then it will repeat this cycle X amount of times and finally come to a satisfying halt.  Anyways, is this to be expected after leaving it on so long?  Thanks in advance!

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Why dont you just turn your pc off overnight/while youre at school. Saves energy, is good for the environment and your pc is always quick and fast.

Why dont you just turn your pc off overnight/while youre at school. Saves energy, is good for the environment and your pc is always quick and fast.

servers? folding? boinc? alot of other shit aswell.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

When I do turn my pc off, it is usually Sunday night so yes I turn it off for school, and if I was really lazy it never gets turned off later than wednesday.  It will be on sleep mode overnight on the weekends though because I will often be on it late at night, then get back on it in the morning and don't want to wait the 5-10 secs it takes to boot.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

servers? folding? boinc? alot of other shit aswell.

He never said that in his originial post so.... I assumed he doesnt.

He never said that in his originial post so.... I assumed he doesnt.

Correct.

I don't want to go emo but screw the environment. Most computers may have a 1200w power supply but they barley ever use it, so comparing a small computer to other devices what we keep on alot like ACs is nothing.  

People with computers usually do work on them and if they are on a forum like this, then they probably have IDES, servers, webbrowsers, etc alike open that is a pain to reopen. Never assume things!

op:

It could be just heat or a draw back of the part's being on for a long time. It's probably nothing to worry about, if your temps are okay. Instead of shutting down your OS, close down anything you have open and just turn off the PSU. People say that may hurt your computer but I've never known it to. 

Edit: fixed my brain dead grammar

I don't want to go emo but screw the environment. Most computers may have a 1200w power supply but they barley ever use it, so comparing a small computer to other devices what we keep on alot like ACs is nothing.  

People with computers usually do work on them and if they are on a forum like this, then they probably have IDES, servers, webbrowsers open, etc alike open that is a pain to reopen. Never assume things!

op:

It could be just heat or a draw back of the parts being on for a long time. It's probably nothing to worry about, if you're temps are okay. Instead of shutting down your OS, close down anything you have open and just turn off the PSU. People say that may hurt your computer but I've never known it to. 

It would immediately cut power to the HDD, not letting it spin down properly, right?

Well for the opening, windows has this cool folder called autostart. Just set in chrome that it opens your last tabs automatically and youre fine

Well for the opening, windows has this cool folder called autostart. Just set in chrome that it opens your last tabs automatically and youre fine

You mean "startup"?

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You mean "startup"?

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Before Windows 8 its autostart.

It would immediately cut power to the HDD, not letting it spin down properly, right?

I don't really know. I've never had any problems with my harddrive but I'm guessing when you turn off windows it doesn't send any signals to the harddrive. if it does send a safe turn off command to the drive and if it was important, we would have heard people complaining about broken USB ssd drives from people just unplugging them. 

Before Windows 8 its autostart.

no it's not. I've known it as Startup since Win95

252_95_a.jpg

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

In german windows its autostart so stop getting on my nerves

Fine, German site: http://www.administrator.de/frage/vista-pfad-autostart-ordner-116628.html

I really wish I could get a private jett to Germany and slap you with a book. 

This isn't even funny. I and MRL have taken time out of our day to educate you and you're ignoring us. 

Fine, German site: http://www.administrator.de/frage/vista-pfad-autostart-ordner-116628.html

I really wish I could get a private jett to Germany and slap you with a book. 

This isn't even funny. I and MRL have taken time out of our day to educate you and you're ignoring us. 

Just: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostartand  SXfllsp.png

Just: -SNIP-

translate.google.com

Wiki > "

Startup

Startup is under the Microsoft Windows denomination for automatically starting programs when booting the system or Log In. Such a program does not have to be started by a user, but will start automatically without any assistance. Autorun is, however, the function of operating systems to boot a specific action when inserting or insertion of removable media."

translate.google.com

Wiki > "

Startup

Startup is under the Microsoft Windows denomination for automatically starting programs when booting the system or Log In. Such a program does not have to be started by a user, but will start automatically without any assistance. Autorun is, however, the function of operating systems to boot a specific action when inserting or insertion of removable media.

Autostart not autorun.

Holy crap, we're not here to argue about the name of a folder.

Actually, yes we are, I guess that's just the LTT community's way :P