Good Earphone Recommendations?

ThatJuanGuy

I'm looking for Earphones with great sound quality for no more that £20-30. I mainly listen to Dubstep and Heavy Metal so i would prefer them to have quite a lot of bass and they should be really comfy in the ear :D I want to use them with mainly my phone (Lumia 820).

Any recommendations would be appreciated :)

The Sony MH1C is very good in that price range, you should try that one.

The Sony MH1C is very good in that price range' date=' you should try that one. [/font']

This, MH1Cs are great.

Another alternative would be Senheisser CX300, they have a good frequency response and are pretty cheap.

Main Rig: 2500k @ 4.5Ghz, 2x4gb of ram @ 1600mhz, P8Z77-M, GTX 760

Crappy old laptop: Toshiba Tecra A6 PTA61E, 2x512mb of ram @ 533mhz, Intel C2D @ 1.83Ghz

+1 for the MH1C's. I saw Sennheiser just released a replacement for their OMX series (Adidas sports series) so they may be worth a look. Don't go expecting earth shattering base from buds of this caliber though. Depending on which ones you end up with you may want to heat shrink re-enforce the connector. Got me an extra 2-3 months of wear out of my last pair before I had to go and spend a couple of fidly hours resoldering TRRS connections.

I had the Sennheisers CX300 but they broke after two months so i would like to try a different pair, i will definitely have a look at the Sony MH1C. They look quite good, thank you.

Look into the MEelectronics M6. I use a pair at school or on the go. They're pretty comfortable and you won't need to worry about them falling off your head at any point.

They sound extremely good as well across the board. They stomp my friend's Beats IEMs easily.

At that price point the Creative Aurvana Live are also a very good pick or the Porta Pro. My advice is to find a store where you can take your source and try different headphones to see what floats your boat. Good sound has a lot to do with personal preference and you will have people recommending all kinds of headphones and none of them might be something that you like.

I used the Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision a few years ago before I got my Copper Turbine Pro's that are like way more expensive but the CX 300's broke so try getting the Sony MH1C's or save up a bit or get some better ones, going from a 30usd to a 50usd range will give you much more bang for the buck.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/headfi/2011_Fall_Head-Fi_Gift_Guide.pdf this is probably the best buyers guide I have ever seen for headphones, something for everyone, use an hour and check the different ones out and research a bit.

At that price point the Creative Aurvana Live are also a very good pick or the Porta Pro. My advice is to find a store where you can take your source and try different headphones to see what floats your boat. Good sound has a lot to do with personal preference and you will have people recommending all kinds of headphones and none of them might be something that you like.

He is looking for earphones, the CAL and Porta Pro are headphones ;)

But i think in that price range it's not that much a question fo taste, there are head/earphones which are objective just way better than the others. The Sonys sound more like 60$+ phones.

But in higher price ranges you are right, all a question of taste

Sony MH1C's are the way to go unless you catch something from Brainwavz or MEElectronics on sale.

Ok, i think i'll get the Sonys, thank you guys :)

He is looking for earphones' date=' the CAL and Porta Pro are headphones ;) [/quote']

Ah you are right! My mistake, I usually call them In-Ear Monitors (IEM) and might be what confused me ;)

I can't vouch for any of the mentioned IEMs as I don't know any of them. I've only tried Denon AH-C551 which I don't think are being produced any more.

I suggest having a look at the Head-Fi IEH list.