Samsung Color Accuracy

Mew

The other day, I was at Staples and noticed that they had the new Samsung Galaxy Tab so I went to play around with it. My first thought when I saw it was "Wow, the display is really blue and really bright" Turns out, it was running the factory color profile with the brightness maxed out. So, I went to Anandtech to check which color profile provided the most accurate colors and changed it on the tablet and also turned on auto brightness. Suddenly, the display became pretty dull and wasn't super oversaturated. 

So, I'm curious, do any of you Samsung product owners actually change your profile to a more accurate one for more accurate colors or do you prefer the less accurate colors and the oversaturation?

Galaxy S5 needs Cinema mode for the most accurate colors.

Galaxy Tab S needs basic mode.

Galaxy Note 4 needs basic mode.

Edit: Having never owned a Samsung device, what happens when you flash a custom rom, do you lose access to the color profiles and have to use an inaccurate screen?

I leave my S3 oversaturated since there is no option to fix it, but with my Note 2 I alternate between standard and natural. I sometimes get bored with my screen being dull, so I make it 'pop' by oversaturating it.

If I could, I would do since my TV and PC monitor are calibrated, but my tablet and phone are not calibrateble so I never measured them.

I don't quite care. My S4 looks fine to me.

Its just a phone...

Well, one thing that drives me nut is the bluish tint that seemingly every Samsung that I see has. Maybe I should just pay more attention to the lecture in class rather than looking around.....

Welp, these results are certainly pretty surprising to me. I expected most people to keep the default color profiles rather than changing it.

Welp, these results are certainly pretty surprising to me. I expected most people to keep the default color profiles rather than changing it.

Pretty poor sample to try this, majority of the people here do play around with their phones settings and such.  I think your hypothesis would be more correct if you just pulled people off the street and asked them the same question.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh