random freezes during multitasking

Go to solution Solved by FireofDestruction,

my i am posting this for any people with future issues like this what i had to do was go to intel website download their driver software finder (whatever it's called) and search for updates with their soft ware which solved my issue of the error message "driver support has stopped working"

my issue currently is while i am playing modded minecraft(only happens on this particular game) and listening to music(windows media player) or browsing the internet say like watching a video, reading an article etc. My computer will

randomly completely freeze and its happening almost daily while doing so. it does not happen on other games like BF3, JC2, AC3, Skyrim...etc. At first i thought i'll run a scan with Avast and Malware bytes....avast turned up nothing while

malware bytes gave two which were easily removed, then decided to update all drivers which turned to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what could be causeing these freezes and what the solution maybe besides hitting the reset

switch each time? im super confused with this issue and also i dont remember when they started occuring but if i had to give a guess well i couldn't. :(

Thanks in advance ^_^

I'd reinstall Windows. My 4770K shows no symptoms like this even when overclocked to near instability

I have kind of the same problem. I am sure mine is nvidia graphics driver problem. I am not going to lie, I am not an AMD person so I really don't know much about AMD stuff. Try updating your drivers. Windows 8.1?

EDIT: What I said above probably wouldn't help but you can try it. Are you able to do a system refresh???? Also try checking your RAM. Search "  mdsched.exe   ". If you don't have windows 8/8.1, google memtest and you will find instructions.

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

I'd reinstall Windows. My 4770K shows no symptoms like this even when overclocked to near instability

funny thing is, im not even overclocked either

I have kind of the same problem. I am sure mine is nvidia graphics driver problem. I am not going to lie, I am not an AMD person so I really don't know much about AMD stuff. Try updating your drivers. Windows 8.1?

i do get an error message saying "drivers have crashed but recovered" every once in awhile maybe this has something to do with it?

YES YES YES!!!! That is what is happening to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except mine is much worse. I can't launch any game without it crashing. I am currently looking for a solution myself!!! If I find one, I will tell you because even though you have AMD and i have Nvidia graphics, it is a similar problem. Could you do a system restore?? if you can, tell me how it goes because I am unable to because I don't have the "Missing files"!!!!  look at this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/277845-working-a-gtx-660-to-death/    The first part is kind of irrelivent to this problem but the last part could help you.

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

YES YES YES!!!! That is what is happening to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except mine is much worse. I can't launch any game without it crashing. I am currently looking for a solution myself!!! If I find one, I will tell you because even though you have AMD and i have Nvidia graphics, it is a similar problem. Could you do a system restore?? if you can, tell me how it goes because I am unable to because I don't have the "Missing files"!!!!  look at this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/277845-working-a-gtx-660-to-death/    The first part is kind of irrelivent to this problem but the last part could help you.

i get mine on boot up though, because i shut down my computer everynight...strange to get on boot up after the game has froze

Yeah, still looking for a solution so IDK what to say.  :(

well good luck!!!! I'm going to bed now. I will check back in the morning to see if anything has changed.

i got my latest drivers from AMD(turns out they released a new one at the beggining of this month) i'll check back in the morning when i boot up my PC see if i get the error message im going to bed it's 2 A.M

Yeah, still looking for a solution so IDK what to say.  :(

well good luck!!!! I'm going to bed now. I will check back in the morning to see if anything has changed.

have you tired running MC with out mods also have you dedicated and ram to MC 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

have you tired running MC with out mods also have you dedicated and ram to MC 

i havent run mc with out mods, and i have 6GB dedicated to my modded client, "driver support has stopped working"

my i am posting this for any people with future issues like this what i had to do was go to intel website download their driver software finder (whatever it's called) and search for updates with their soft ware which solved my issue of the error message "driver support has stopped working"